Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study law at Durham University but I am so confused about which college to pick. Can anyone suggest which is the pros and cons of each college?
TootFlute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to study law at Durham University but I am so confused about which college to pick. Can anyone suggest which is the pros and cons of each college?
I've applied to Josephine Butler College at Durham. I haven't looked round Durham uni and wasn't sure where to apply but here how I made some desisions:
- Whether I wanted to be catered or self catered (or both)
- Whether I wanted there to be a multifaith Chapel (I'm not religious but I thought the college would be more diverse if there was)
- Formal gowned dining (I wasn't keen on this but I decided I might not experience this anywhere else)
- What societies each college offered (I'm into music so this was important to me but the big societies are offered to everyone)
- What socials are organised at each college
I hope you find this useful, happy to answer any questions
Muser99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As a computer programme will allocate law students across all the colleges just choose what you prefer. Start with do you want catered or self catered. Most of sc accommodation is en suite whereas in catered its more likely to share a bathroom.
For a lightheated view of the colleges https://thetab.com/uk/durham/2016/03...colleges-27434
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by TootFlute)
I've applied to Josephine Butler College at Durham. I haven't looked round Durham uni and wasn't sure where to apply but here how I made some desisions:
- Whether I wanted to be catered or self catered (or both)
- Whether I wanted there to be a multifaith Chapel (I'm not religious but I thought the college would be more diverse if there was)
- Formal gowned dining (I wasn't keen on this but I decided I might not experience this anywhere else)
- What societies each college offered (I'm into music so this was important to me but the big societies are offered to everyone)
- What socials are organised at each college
I hope you find this useful, happy to answer any questions
are you looking to study law too?
TootFlute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you looking to study law too?
No applied to study music
Muser99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ask @Student456 as they currently study law at Durham according to the law applicants 2020 thread
Last edited by Muser99; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.62%
I don't have everything I need (241)
44.38%

Watched Threads