18 year old virgin (Please read the whole post) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Let me tell you about my story.

I was born with dysphasia which is a rare language disorder similar to autism (rare to be born with, most people get it after experiencing a stroke).

My childhood wasn't easy, born in France and lived there for 9 years and have been living in the UK ever since, i started talking when i was 5 and my parents were really worried, professionals couldn’t diagnose me, performed surgery on my ears, had a camera in my throat, and still had no clue, until they did a brain scan.

They didn’t tell me about it until I was 16, they didn’t want me to feel like an anomaly, but i did fell that, I always felt different to everyone else. I have struggled to make friendships but have improved over the years, until i joined a new school in sixth form (last 2 years of school) which I didn’t like due to it being so massive and different, but it has made me more confident and has now made me use to that sort of environment.

I've had opportunities mostly at the ages of 15-16, but i always wanted to be with the right person and someone that loved me for me, and not just primarily wanting sex. I have kissed a few girls during nights out.

Now at 18, my drive as increased to the point where masturbation just doesn't cut it, and i regret on those opportunities, also to the fact that in this modern society theres so much pressure on sex, and have now missed the average of first timers (17 in UK), so i feel that im behind.

The good thing is that most people assume that im not a virgin, have been told im good looking and have been complemented on my body (been going gym on/off for 3 years, so yeah im toned, six pack and all), but it means **** all if you haven't got confidence, althought it has improved a lot recently.

I have told some people that im a virgin and some are surprised but most make fun of me.

I've been called:

Gay (nothing wrong with that) - i am bisexual and have accepted that now, but it hurts that they think that somethings wrong with me

Incel - that really hurt

And the casual insults to virgins

Im now preparing to become an airline pilot and have an interview for flight school on the 21st Jan (fingers crossed). I thought about prostitution in these recent days, that i think being a virgin would affect the hard workload that will be needed to become a pilot.

Thats probably not a good idea , and i know that a potential future girlfriend will find it unattractive, and my family would likely disown me, especially my mum being italian who are quite catholic.

I just want to remove the weight from my shoulders and not to worry about it.

What do you think?

Thank you for reading
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Let me tell you about my story.

I was born with dysphasia which is a rare language disorder similar to autism (rare to be born with, most people get it after experiencing a stroke).

My childhood wasn't easy, born in France and lived there for 9 years and have been living in the UK ever since, i started talking when i was 5 and my parents were really worried, professionals couldn’t diagnose me, performed surgery on my ears, had a camera in my throat, and still had no clue, until they did a brain scan.

They didn’t tell me about it until I was 16, they didn’t want me to feel like an anomaly, but i did fell that, I always felt different to everyone else. I have struggled to make friendships but have improved over the years, until i joined a new school in sixth form (last 2 years of school) which I didn’t like due to it being so massive and different, but it has made me more confident and has now made me use to that sort of environment.

I've had opportunities mostly at the ages of 15-16, but i always wanted to be with the right person and someone that loved me for me, and not just primarily wanting sex. I have kissed a few girls during nights out.

Now at 18, my drive as increased to the point where masturbation just doesn't cut it, and i regret on those opportunities, also to the fact that in this modern society theres so much pressure on sex, and have now missed the average of first timers (17 in UK), so i feel that im behind.

The good thing is that most people assume that im not a virgin, have been told im good looking and have been complemented on my body (been going gym on/off for 3 years, so yeah im toned, six pack and all), but it means **** all if you haven't got confidence, althought it has improved a lot recently.

I have told some people that im a virgin and some are surprised but most make fun of me.

I've been called:

Gay (nothing wrong with that) - i am bisexual and have accepted that now, but it hurts that they think that somethings wrong with me

Incel - that really hurt

And the casual insults to virgins

Im now preparing to become an airline pilot and have an interview for flight school on the 21st Jan (fingers crossed). I thought about prostitution in these recent days, that i think being a virgin would affect the hard workload that will be needed to become a pilot.

Thats probably not a good idea , and i know that a potential future girlfriend will find it unattractive, and my family would likely disown me, especially my mum being italian who are quite catholic.

I just want to remove the weight from my shoulders and not to worry about it.

What do you think?

Thank you for reading
FIrstly, Its ok to be a virgin. Virginity is one thing that is personal to you and should only be shared with someone you love and trust. Not one night stands that have no meaning.

You do not need to feel like you need to not be a virgin just because others aren't. And in many cultures being virgin till marriage is totally normal. So we have other things to worry about at 17-18-19 than thinking about protection and other stuff.

Being attractive is good and there will be someone and many more who will find you attractive as long as you are confident about self. I am body conscious and am trying to overcome it. Stretch marks are a problem but i'm trying to be confident and accept it.
Its better to wait than do it with the wrong person, have a bad experience and be terrified in the future...

Most importantly, IT'S YOUR BODY AND MUST BE YOUR CHOICE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (63)
15.63%
1 (50)
12.41%
2 (53)
13.15%
3 (80)
19.85%
4 (83)
20.6%
5 (74)
18.36%