do i have a chance to get accepted into cambridge mobil econ?

Watch
emilythegirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello,

currently I'm a second year PPE student at manchester uni. My average is currently around 78/80. While I do PPE right now, I'd be really interested in doing the MPHIL econ at cambridge. I'm however doubtful about my chances of getting in, as I know I'll be competing with msc students who have a lot more experience with economics then me.

I was in the advanced mathematics courses that the mac students also do last year and did the econ ba basic macro and microcourses, which i'm doing the second parts of this year in addition to econometrics. Suppose next year I would get most of my credits in econ - I would do my dissertation in econ, do further macro & microcourses (2 each) + advanced econometrics, and would keep my grades as high as they are right now - would I stand a chance of getting into cambridge for the mphil? Does my degree constitute a " least a good II.i (av of 68/69) undergraduate degree in economics which includes standard courses in intermediate level microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics"

Btw my high average doesn't only come from my philosophy and politics courses, I usually score higher in my econ courses at around 85. I also plan on joining the econ society next term and do politics courses that intersect with econ, which is the area I plan on focusing on next year while droping phil. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.71%
Uncertainty around my education (83)
11.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.71%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.72%
Financial worries (47)
6.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
5.99%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.8%

Watched Threads