The Student Room Group

Independent research project - French AQA

Hi, I’m really stressed out about the IRP part of the French exam. My topic is on ”the automotive industry in France, and the effects it has on the environment”.

To start with, I don’t understand what the ‘bullet points’ are meant to be used for, I have four which are essentially just fragments of my title, but what do I do with them?

-Quelle est la taille de l'industrie automobile en France?

-Quels sont les effets de l'industrie automobile sur l'environnement?

-Que fait le pays en réponse à ces effets?

-Quel est l'avenir de l'industrie automobile en France?

I haven’t yet added any special tenses like subjunctive a or conditionals, because I was just wondering if anyone was able to read it, and share with me some feedback, or things I could do to adjust it/ make it better content-wise. Thanks a lot, and sorry if I haven’t posted this in the right place, I’m new to TSR

L'industrie automobile est un secteur industriel clé pour la France. Le secteur compte une multitude de grands constructeurs automobiles et équipementiers d'origine, un tissu extrêmement dense de sous-traitants et un haut niveau de services. Outre le poids du secteur dans l’économie française, les véhicules à moteur jouent un rôle majeur dans la vie quotidienne de nombreux Français, notamment en milieu rural et périurbain. Environ 70% des Français utilisent une voiture pour se rendre au travail tous les jours. La France est une destination automobile attractive de par son excellente situation géographique et la qualité de sa main d'œuvre et de ses infrastructures, ce qui en fait la première destination des investissements industriels étrangers riches en emplois dans le secteur automobile en Europe. L'industrie automobile en France se compose de deux concurrents majeurs: le Groupe PSA et le groupe Renault. Mais à côté de ce triomphe pour la France, il y a une crise environnementale dans la mesure de nombreux véhicules contribuent à l'augmentation des niveaux de CO2 dans l'atmosphère. La France prend des mesures contre cela sous la forme de restrictions, d'interdictions et d'innovations dans les types de carburant des véhicules. Malgre l'ampleur de la potentiel de recuperation des effets crees par ces gaz nocifs est certain, mais il faudra beaucoup de mesures serieuses prises rapidement.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I think that is good so far! You already have some complex language like the "ce qui en fait" is great. Maybe try and include a wider range of tenses when talking about the history and future of the industry. You could also try and get a teacher to have a look at it and see what they think needs improving.
The bullet points are there to guide the conversation, so essentially they will all stem from the title but just show which areas in particular you have looked into. The easiest way to get more bullet points is to do more research and see what there is about the french car industry. One point could look into the history of the industry and why/where it began etc. If you don't do many bullet points it is more likely the examiner will go into an area that you don't know as much about if that makes sense.
Another way to make it a better conversation I think is to make it more of a debatable question. This could be done by changing your title to something like, Do the environmental issues outweight the benefits of the French automobile industry? Then in your presentation add in a sentence like "Je voudrais analyser les bienfaits de l'industrie avec les problemes environnmentales." This creates an argument that you can weigh up either side of and reach a clear conclusion which I think gives a clearer structure.
Reply 2
Original post by zoe002
I think that is good so far! You already have some complex language like the "ce qui en fait" is great. Maybe try and include a wider range of tenses when talking about the history and future of the industry. You could also try and get a teacher to have a look at it and see what they think needs improving.
The bullet points are there to guide the conversation, so essentially they will all stem from the title but just show which areas in particular you have looked into. The easiest way to get more bullet points is to do more research and see what there is about the french car industry. One point could look into the history of the industry and why/where it began etc. If you don't do many bullet points it is more likely the examiner will go into an area that you don't know as much about if that makes sense.
Another way to make it a better conversation I think is to make it more of a debatable question. This could be done by changing your title to something like, Do the environmental issues outweight the benefits of the French automobile industry? Then in your presentation add in a sentence like "Je voudrais analyser les bienfaits de l'industrie avec les problemes environnmentales." This creates an argument that you can weigh up either side of and reach a clear conclusion which I think gives a clearer structure.

Thank you so much for the reply! I've got some work to do, but at least I feel a little bit reasurred :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest