AndreeaMI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, i have an offer from university of westminster and i’m inclined to have it as my firm choice because of their semester abroad program. Did anyone do it? What was the experience like? What about the process? And did you get financial support from the uni? Thanks for any responses.
Riccadopetrachi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I did a year abroad experience in my third year and I went to Australia. I highly recommend to do it as it is a unique experience that you’ll never get back. I personally had the greatest time. Academically, I had the opportunity to undertake modules i couldn’t take at the Westminster as they were not on offer. As for anything else, I had the best life experience. I met so many people from all over the world whom with I enjoyed travelling and having fun. I’ve become close to so many of them and I’ve now the opportunity to go and visit them. You also have the opportunity to travel to nearby places of your destination which is great. I think you should go. What is your destination? The process before departure was a bit tough regarding preparing documents, visa etc, but thinking of where you’re heading it’ll make it easier. I got support from uni with the Distant Horizons Scholarship which helped me a lot, especially at the beginning of the experience to pay for my initial expenses. Hopefully, this was helpful for you to make your final decision.
AndreeaMI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Riccadopetrachi)
Hi there, I did a year abroad experience in my third year and I went to Australia. I highly recommend to do it as it is a unique experience that you’ll never get back. I personally had the greatest time. Academically, I had the opportunity to undertake modules i couldn’t take at the Westminster as they were not on offer. As for anything else, I had the best life experience. I met so many people from all over the world whom with I enjoyed travelling and having fun. I’ve become close to so many of them and I’ve now the opportunity to go and visit them. You also have the opportunity to travel to nearby places of your destination which is great. I think you should go. What is your destination? The process before departure was a bit tough regarding preparing documents, visa etc, but thinking of where you’re heading it’ll make it easier. I got support from uni with the Distant Horizons Scholarship which helped me a lot, especially at the beginning of the experience to pay for my initial expenses. Hopefully, this was helpful for you to make your final decision.
What course were you on? And can you do a full year at westminster? I’m torn between a year and a semester, which is why i’m deciding between greenwich and westminster. Was the year abroad extra? Or was it still 3 years degree? I dont know where i want to go as i didn’t even start uni yet, but i had Australia in mind too. I’m sorry i have so many questions but it’s hard to make such a decision, thank you so much for the info
Riccadopetrachi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AndreeaMI)
What course were you on? And can you do a full year at westminster? I’m torn between a year and a semester, which is why i’m deciding between greenwich and westminster. Was the year abroad extra? Or was it still 3 years degree? I dont know where i want to go as i didn’t even start uni yet, but i had Australia in mind too. I’m sorry i have so many questions but it’s hard to make such a decision, thank you so much for the info
I am studying a BA in International Business, and for my course, I had the option to take either a full year abroad, a year of work placement, or one semester abroad and one semester of work placement. I am not sure how it works for other degrees. The year abroad counted as an extra year for me, thus I am now in my fourth year. Although you may feel you do not want to study for 4 years, I am glad I took the opportunity, and in my opinion, from my experience, it is very worth it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All campuses Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20
    All campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Mar '20
    All Departments will be open. Postgraduate
    Sun, 3 May '20

Has your university offer been reduced?