The Student Room Group

3 exams in one day. What happens?

So on the 5th of June, I have two-morning exams (Edexcel Spanish 2hr 40 mins) and (Edexcel Business 2hrs), then in the afternoon, I have AQA Psychology, 2hrs. This amounts to 6hrs and 40 mins of exams.

Surely they cannot move my clashed exam to after my Psychology exam in the afternoon, so what happens?? Do I have to be put in isolation overnight? Any advice, please?

(I'm aware this will probably be sorted by my exams officer closer to the time, but I'm curious now.)

Thanks.
I have absolutely no clue but if it was me I would cry. My commiserations to you mate, that sounds awful :console:
Original post by Glaz
I have absolutely no clue but if it was me I would cry. My commiserations to you mate, that sounds awful :console:

think it will happen to me too next year...
Original post by 1st superstar
think it will happen to me too next year...

If it happens to me this year I'll be so upset
Original post by Glaz
If it happens to me this year I'll be so upset

you'l have to check then... hopefully the 2021 exam timetable won't be too similar too the 2020 one and I refuse to sit 3 exams in one day!! what subjects do you do? btw
Original post by 1st superstar
you'l have to check then... hopefully the 2021 exam timetable won't be too similar too the 2020 one and I refuse to sit 3 exams in one day!! what subjects do you do? btw

Biology maths and Spanish. I have no clue what the 2020 exam timetable is though :ninja:
Original post by Glaz
Biology maths and Spanish. I have no clue what the 2020 exam timetable is though :ninja:

welp seems as if you'll only have one exam to do per day if the 2021 timetable is similar lucky!! :https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN20-CONFIRMED.PDF
Original post by Glaz

I wonder if I will be able to take the exam the next day?
Reply 8
If you have more than 2 exams and they total more than 6 hours (including any extra time you may be allowed) then it is possible to move one to the following day as long as you and a responsible adult (normally a parent) sign to say that you will not talk to anyone outside your immediate family*, nor use any internet enabled device during the time in isolation. Your parent will have to collect you from the school, generally directly from the exam officer and then hand you back the following morning. You normally have to leave your phone at school to reduce temptation.
* Tricky in the case of twins taking the same exam - one has to stay elsewhere unless they have the same clash.

Quick Reply

Latest