_JM_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello! I've decided to do an EPQ with the title "How has ancient Greek medicine influenced modern western medicine" however I have has some trouble thinking of subtopics I can include.
So far I have come up with:
- Important Greek figures that influenced medicine (e.g Hippocrates)
- Comparison to Ancient Egyptian medicine (because I have to have to look at the opposite side of my argument - I'm arguing that ancient Greek medicine has influenced modern Western medicine the most)
- How ancient Greek myths link to what ancient Greek believed about medicine (I'm not too sure how I can make this link to be honest)

I'm not too sure how I can incorporate these subtopics in to my EPQ so if anyone has any ideas on better subtopics please help!
bubblebubble1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
lol bet you thought someone had REPLIED
wbanner2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That sounds very interesting - I’m not an expert (but I did study the Medicine topic in History GCSE) but I’m saying it would be impressive if you could show a very high standard of understanding for the modern medicine side in addition to the Ancient History side which you sound very intelligent in.

I can help with other sides of the EPQ, as I got 50/50 for mine on ‘In what ways were there parallels between the evolution of the shape of coinage in Ancient Greece and Ancient China between 900 BC and 100 BC?’
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (178)
15.27%
Uncertainty around my education (192)
16.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (114)
9.78%
Isolating with family (80)
6.86%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (44)
3.77%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (99)
8.49%
Loneliness (114)
9.78%
Financial worries (52)
4.46%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (109)
9.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (85)
7.29%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (99)
8.49%

Watched Threads