Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello,
I have currently just started studying at Brighton University, I am in my first year and have just moved from Colchester. I am a 'late bloomer' so to speak so I am 21 and not straight out of college, because of this I opted to move into a house share straight away rather than going into halls. Now, I am so lucky with the house I have moved into and I have made good friends with the three others who were before strangers. However, I am only in my first term of uni and I am really unhappy and want to drop out. There are many factors contributing to my decision, however, I don't know how to address my living situation. I have signed a contract until June with the house but I cannot carry on with Uni and I want to move back to my home town as I am in a very difficult position now. I don't want to piss my housemates off, or cause them the stress of finding a new house mate, but I cannot see any other options. Also the house is not in a very good condition this is another reason for me wanting to drop out. If it is a private landlady and there are no agency fees can you sublet a room, does anyone have any advice they could give? Help a girl out!!
yaco3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Not really got any experience but I think its your responsibility to find someone else to live there, or cary on paying the rent until June
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.11%
1 (89)
13.11%
2 (86)
12.67%
19%
22.39%
19.73%

Watched Threads