If I can't remember names, dates and studies to reference in exam can I still pass? Watch

Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have my first 1st year exams coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm really struggling to remember names and dates for specific studies to reference. I can remember the information but not who said it and what date (when there are so many!). So, if I get the information down and just state "a study found..." or "it has been argued..." without naming names and dates, can I still pass the exam? I know it's not ideal but will I still get some marks for having the information at least?

Also, if you have any tips for remembering names and dates for studies I'd be very grateful!
lrhwaterx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you in university? My university don't do exams but I can only assume that exams will occur more and more, so leaving the course for something else that doesn't involve exams could be an idea. As I'm assuming all marks are takenFirst year doesn't count for most courses so now would be a good time to leave or do anything.

On Tik Tok (big LOL) I saw a method of changing snapchat names to something you need to remember.

I thought it was a good idea! And, with only saying the study and not mentioning names and dates I think will get you good marks but it depends what course you're taking e.g. history and film you do need to know names and dates.

Hope it all works out for you regardless!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As above, try different methods to help you remember stuff. Many people find linking things together using a rhyme or sentence beneficial, maybe you could think of ways to link the dates, names and what happened?
lrhwaterx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could also use quizlet to make your own flashcards. Find a way to make remembering this fun. Make a song with the theories. There's bound to be some on youtube
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (214)
52.97%
No (190)
47.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise