Whats your biggest phobia? Watch

princetonalec
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by skittish)
I’m really terrified of depth, especially deep water, but also open space (as in, the universe, not just open spaces on earth). I think it potentially stems from the immobilisation rather than the depth itself, as in water or in space you’re usually floating and so you’re exposed from all angles, but I’m not sure because even looking at photographs of deep water can get me scared. Lots of people misunderstand and think that it’s too do with the sea and what’s down there, but I even get scared in fully-lit swimming pools if they’re deeper than about five metres. It’s weird.
I can relate to the fear of death so much! I developed really bad cardiphobia in 2018, and since I have panic attacks near daily because I think my heart will suddenly stop (just had one not that long ago to be honest)!
But i've not met someone who fears like large pools of water before? Did you almost drown as a kid do you know?
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Cockroaches.

(Original post by bethwantsdeath)
trypophobia lmao
everyone lowkey has it but i have it for any clustered dots/holes. like when you blow bubbles in milk 🤮
Apart from everyone who doesn't, you mean.
alyssajade23_xo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
dark, loud noises and spiders
princetonalec
Rep:
?
(Original post by alyssajade23_xo)
dark, loud noises and spiders
Spiders are a huge one for me too! Though weirdly i'm fine with tarantulas? I just don't like the spindly buggers!
Volkerbund1933
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
FOMO, and social image paranoia
skittish
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by princetonalec)
I can relate to the fear of death so much! I developed really bad cardiphobia in 2018, and since I have panic attacks near daily because I think my heart will suddenly stop (just had one not that long ago to be honest)!
But i've not met someone who fears like large pools of water before? Did you almost drown as a kid do you know?
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope you're okay! Weirdly, I always used to really fear my parents having heart attacks, but never myself... I hope you're okay :/

Nope, I've always been a strong and confident swimmer, so it doesn't really make sense to me.
Kit_the_fisto101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I am scared to death of bees and wasps! It doesn’t help that I am allergic but even seeing pictures just make me sweat and when I hear buzzing it triggers my flight or fight
princetonalec
Rep:
?
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope you're okay! Weirdly, I always used to really fear my parents having heart attacks, but never myself... I hope you're okay :/

Nope, I've always been a strong and confident swimmer, so it doesn't really make sense to me.
Fortunately I have to get my heart checked regularly because of my ADHD medication and get it checked two? three times a year with a general listen, blood pressure, and what not. I get my bloods actually assessed once every two years, and I get an ECG once every 3 or 4 years I believe (and I had one the day after my birthday because the day before was my regular checkup and the nurse thought I was having missing beats, and I spent my entire 21st birthday crying and I didn't want to do anything and then I had an ECG and there was NOTHING my heart was REGULAR and I was so angry with myself! The missed beats were how bad my anxiety was!) so I know there's nothing wrong with my ticker, but I just can't stop being scared there is, y'know?
Gosh I hate having fears about my family... like my sister does have actual heart issues and if I think about it for too long I trigger myself and end up having a panic attack!
princetonalec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kit_the_fisto101)
I am scared to death of bees and wasps! It doesn’t help that I am allergic but even seeing pictures just make me sweat and when I hear buzzing it triggers my flight or fight
My brother has the same thing!
I was stung when I was a kid and I distinctly remember having to have the stinger pulled out with tweezers from my shoulder, but what freaks me out are hornets.
skittish
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Fortunately I have to get my heart checked regularly because of my ADHD medication and get it checked two? three times a year with a general listen, blood pressure, and what not. I get my bloods actually assessed once every two years, and I get an ECG once every 3 or 4 years I believe (and I had one the day after my birthday because the day before was my regular checkup and the nurse thought I was having missing beats, and I spent my entire 21st birthday crying and I didn't want to do anything and then I had an ECG and there was NOTHING my heart was REGULAR and I was so angry with myself! The missed beats were how bad my anxiety was!) so I know there's nothing wrong with my ticker, but I just can't stop being scared there is, y'know?
Gosh I hate having fears about my family... like my sister does have actual heart issues and if I think about it for too long I trigger myself and end up having a panic attack!
Oh wow, that sounds really stressful. At least you have regular checks?
Aye5ha
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Small holes and Fish
princetonalec
Rep:
?
Oh wow, that sounds really stressful. At least you have regular checks?
I'm so happy I do, plus family history is on my side with this one. The only issue is (and if you've had one you may know already) panic attacks can a) feel like heart attacks and b) give you this overwhelming sense of dread? So it's just the perfect storm really!
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Flying.
I threw myself out of a plane at 13k feet and still survived, so god knows why I'm still scared of it.
Afuru
Badges: 12
Report 6 days ago
snails, heights and spiders
princetonalec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Volkerbund1933)
FOMO, and social image paranoia
Do you mind me asking what you mean by social image paranoia?
princetonalec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afuru)
snails, heights and spiders
Why snails?? I used to love poking their little eye stalks as a kid I thought it was so cool how they pulled them back in.
Afuru
Badges: 12
Report 6 days ago
Why snails?? I used to love poking their little eye stalks as a kid I thought it was so cool how they pulled them back in.
omg ew nooo, just their shells and fearing they will crawl on me, thet're slimey, disgusting, even if i accidentally step on one i feel sick, i will never purposely step on one even though i don't like them.
Volkerbund1933
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do you mind me asking what you mean by social image paranoia?
the idea where you are constantly fearful of people talking bad about you, but that fear has abated tbh for me at least
El_21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Serious illness. Not death per se, just becoming horribly ill.
princetonalec
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afuru)
omg ew nooo, just their shells and fearing they will crawl on me, thet're slimey, disgusting, even if i accidentally step on one i feel sick, i will never purposely step on one even though i don't like them.
Do you get the same way with slugs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (5)
13.51%
They've been reasonable (13)
35.14%
Not feeling great... (10)
27.03%
They are TERRIBLE! (9)
24.32%

Watched Threads