Versgucci
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I would like to be doing exam papers for A-Level maths that have questions that are very similar to the real exam. I did a few papers from C1, C2, C3 and C4 from the old specification, in preparation for a mock exam. The mock had some very unusual and unfamiliar questions, that were COMPLETELY different to what I the old specification papers.

I have been using Physics and Maths Tutor for my source of papers.

Can you recommend a website that offers unusual yet sort of familiar exam questions/papers? I plan on using it for my mocks this term.

I'm looking for questions that resemble or are very similar to the 2019 Edexcel maths A level papers.( specifically pure maths).
smthnginventive
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
not particularly unusual questions, but mr barton maths has every a level paper from aqa and edexel since 2005 to 2016, and every ocr paper since 2007 till 2015- the paper, official mark scheme, and written solutions if you need any help working out the technique: http://mrbartonmaths.com/students/a-level/
thekidwhogames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The official textbooks are the best for the new spec. Forget old spec in my opinion.
Versgucci
Rep:
?
(Original post by smthnginventive)
not particularly unusual questions, but mr barton maths has every a level paper from aqa and edexel since 2005 to 2016, and every ocr paper since 2007 till 2015- the paper, official mark scheme, and written solutions if you need any help working out the technique: http://mrbartonmaths.com/students/a-level/
Physics and Maths Tutor does too. The edexcel question papers are unrealistic for the 2020 exams
Versgucci
Rep:
?
(Original post by thekidwhogames)
The official textbooks are the best for the new spec. Forget old spec in my opinion.
I agree they are good. However i would like to do hard exam papers. Any suggestions for a source where i could get hard edexcel math papers or where i can find the official 2019 papers for practise?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.73%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.62%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.84%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.38%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.77%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (129)
19.66%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.79%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.2%

Watched Threads