I haven't got any friends at uni Watch

cherlloydfan1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So I'm doing a masters in computer science at Greenwich uni but I haven't made any friends since I started. I've talked to some people on my course and when I've had to do group work but I haven't made any proper friends just some acquaintances.I don't have anyone to hang out with or help me with the work and I feel lonely there. People just don't wanna know me. So what should I do??
PepeTheFroggi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
grow mushrooms in a corner. thats what i do
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by cherlloydfan1)
So I'm doing a masters in computer science at Greenwich uni but I haven't made any friends since I started. I've talked to some people on my course and when I've had to do group work but I haven't made any proper friends just some acquaintances.I don't have anyone to hang out with or help me with the work and I feel lonely there. People just don't wanna know me. So what should I do??
I suggest you try to be a bit proactive if you can.
Approach the acquaintances you get on best with and try to arrange something. To meet to work together, ask for help, a coffee. Anything really.
I’m sure it’s not that they don’t want to know you. Just usually that it doesn’t occur to people. Give it a try.
Other than that the usual applies. Join some clubs and societies if you can.
If it’s affecting you then please speak to student support so that they can help
Good luck
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi cherlloydfan1 :hello:

Sorry to hear that you're struggling. I would recommend taking the first step - when you're working with people try and chat to them about their interests (they might have things in common with you). If there are a few people you like, invite them for a coffee or even chat to them on Facebook just to try and get more of a friendship going.

I would also recommend seeing if there are any societies in your university that interest you. I find that this is a great way to find friends outside of your course, and meet like-minded people.

I hope this helps!

Melissa :five:
itstomjohnsonn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
spend some time with yourself - really get to know what you love and what you are passionate about. This will help you find friends as you will stand out to them if you have memorable attributes. Then get yourself out there and speak to everyone; there is someone waiting for you out there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (83)
13.7%
1 (82)
13.53%
2 (79)
13.04%
19.8%
21.29%
18.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise