Can any Christian please explain the Trinity to me - GCSE RE Watch

Kayb7893
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I'm currently revising for GCSE RE, Christianity, and as I am not a Christian I must admit I find it quite perplexing. Could any Christian please explain the Trinity in the way that they understand it, and also how it influences their life, thnx
student_life2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
explanation :

the trinity is a belief in there being only one god
but that one god has three equal roles
- the father
- the son
- the holy spirit

BUT the father is NOT the son
the SON is not the HOLY SPIRIT
-> in other words god has 3 parts, but none of them link together
all of them are individual forms

how it influences there life :

- the 3 aspects of god help christians understand god much better
- it emphasis all of his powers
- christians bless themselves by making a cross sign and offering prayers 'in the name of the father, son and holy spirit'
- the belief in the trinity is central to each christians individual daily relation with god

* this is a brief summary of the holy trinity, if you need I can also go in dept of the individual roles of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
boods8897
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
We got taught a saying in RE - Jesus was 100% human, yet 100% divine. It's a similar thing with the Holy Trinity. There's the Father in heaven, the Son on earth and the Spirit among us, so in that sense they are 3 separate entities. At the same time, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all come together to form one God.

I guess the day to day impact is they (God the Father and God the Son) act on you using the Holy Spirit, so you would pray to them to bring the Holy Spirit down on you.
Jesus as a man is meant to remind you of His teachings, and that a sin-free man gave up his life to redeem us, so you pray to be like Jesus.
God the Father is omnipotent, all knowing and all forgiving, and so you pray to Him and trust in Him.

One doxology in church begins 'through him, with him and in him, in the unity of the holy spirit...' so you pray through Jesus, with Jesus and in God, with the Holy Spirit uniting you all.

I have absolutely no idea if that makes anything any clearer xD
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Think of it like a human. The head, body and legs are all part of this one thing. However, the difference is that the trinity are all completely God, rather than just part. But at the same time, the trinity all together is completely God.
Kayb7893
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thanks!
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Kayb7893)
I'm currently revising for GCSE RE, Christianity, and as I am not a Christian I must admit I find it quite perplexing. Could any Christian please explain the Trinity in the way that they understand it, and also how it influences their life, thnx
Try and think of it like water, steam and ice; it’s the same molecule, just three different forms of it

The Holy Spirit enters your body at the point you give your life to Christ and empowers you to live a life pleasing to Christ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (88)
13.08%
1 (89)
13.22%
2 (85)
12.63%
19.17%
22.14%
19.76%

Watched Threads