physics: 6
citizenship: 7
french: 4
history: 7

and my target grades for year 11:
english (both): 8
rest: 7s

i'm so sad guys what do you recommend i do
If you are only working in class that is not enough, revise at home or in a library. For biology and chemistry I would read through the toughest subjects in your revision guide and as you go write or type questions on what you’ve read and answer them after, it’s the quickest way I’ve learnt to retain information and if you do it on your phone you can test yourself when you’re on the bus or waiting somewhere. Past papers are also good to test your knowledge and figure out where you need to improve. Also your maths grades will get better as you go further into the year most of what you’ve learnt is not the full paper or it’s at a foundation level. Past paper solutions from Maths Genie on YouTube are good, so are channels Freesciencelessons and Fuseschool for the sciences. Good luck you’re in a good place for 6/9 subjects considering your predictions.

Honestly predictions don’t mean anything you can surpass them. Just because someone has higher predictions doesn’t mean they’ll get it. Most teachers wrong anyways, you will progress.
(edited 4 years ago)
you still have time to improve so try not to worry too much, predicted grades won't stop you from getting the higher grades and these may change depending on mock performance in year 11. if you haven't started organising your revision, start now. you need to be proactive and organised, will save you lotta stress in the long run :yes:
do try to take mocks/end of unit tests seriously because if you study properly for them you can see what your actual weaknesses are once you get results back. these tests also give you a chance to see which revision method works for you because it'll be different for everyone. try to use methods that involve active recall though, like flashcards and practice questions. tons of practice in maths will help you push up your grade, lots of good sites out there that have questions you can do :yep:
You shouldn't trust your predicted grades at all and your Year 10 grades can still be turned around
My predicted grades were half 7s half 8s and that's basically what I achieved at Year 10 end of year exams
Sat my mocks got 5 9s, 3 8s a 7 and a 6
DOnt depend on them
Original post by lorinsrem
hi guys im in year 10 and i got these on my report today:

working at grade:
english lang: 7
english lit: 4
maths: 4
biology: 3
chemistry:3
physics: 5
french: 3
history: 6

predicted grade:
maths: 6
biology: 4
chemistry: 4
physics: 6
french: 4
history: 7

and my target grades for year 11:
rest: 7s

i'm so sad guys what do you recommend i do

Prove you school wrong and ignore your GCSE predicted grades only the A-level/BTEC ones matter.
Reply 5
how can i do this
Reply 6
how can i do this

how can i be organised with my revision ???
how can i be organised with my revision ???

create a timetable and look at your past assessments etc
those grades are good. you’re going to improve as you get more experience in exams and work more. don’t worry too much now, just revise for end of unit tests. start revising in year 11 because you’ll wear yourself out otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest