MoonlightTiger16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m doing Love through the ages- pre 1900 poetry, othello and great gatsby. Then ww1 and it’s aftermaths- My boy jack, Oxford book of war poetry and birdsong. Is anyone else doing birdsong?
Trogloyte
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am studying:
Paper 1
- King Lear
- Tess of the D'urbivilles
- Death of a Salesman

Paper 2
(prose and poetry coursework)
- Harvest
- A Dolls' House
- Harrisons' collection of poetry
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yjaber22)
im doing psychology sociology too, defo finding psychology the hardest but english is close second. I got a B in my last mock but that was year 13 (crime) texts so im very worried about the upcoming march mocks because were going back to year 12 (tragedy) texts. What texts are you struggling with the most? Also, do you do OCR psychology?
good luck!! ngl for me probs othello as SO much happens in the text- it's not difficult in terms of analysis but i need to keep going over the sequence of events again and again if i need to memorise them. however i feel like once i'm done with rime i'll say that's one of my hardest texts as i'm struggling to analyse anything decent in some parts :erm: same could be said for death of a salesman though tbh ugh
a B's really good, that's what i'm hoping to get in the summer
nah i do aqa, sorry
Watercolourkid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much is everyone revising for English atm? I feel like I've kind of abandoned it for my other subjects and starting to panic a bit ://
chloelx01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Watercolourkid)
How much is everyone revising for English atm? I feel like I've kind of abandoned it for my other subjects and starting to panic a bit ://
I do about 6 hrs a week ish just making sure Ive collected quotes for my texts and have an understanding of them. I do alot of Q plans too and Im starting to categorise quotes by themes
Aroobixcube
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys I’m so panicked rn I’m in year 12 and I literally can’t get a line of argument in my essay and it’s dragging my grade down.
So if anyone has anything to help me that would be a literal god send
Litstudent2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi does anyone have any top band essays they could share for MBJ and Oxford Book of War?
thepink
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm doing love through the ages, Othello, Tess of the D'urbervilles for paper 1
For paper 2
Regenaration and Scars upon my heart anthology

I have trouble getting into the top band and maintaining a coherent argument, and also I'm a really slow writer so when I'm put to timed conditions I am always panicked!

Can ask if you don't finish your essay but you've written two paragraphs and started off your essay really well can you still get an A?
thepink
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thepink)
I'm doing love through the ages, Othello, Tess of the D'urbervilles for paper 1
For paper 2
Regenaration and Scars upon my heart anthology

I have trouble getting into the top band and maintaining a coherent argument, and also I'm a really slow writer so when I'm put to timed conditions I am always panicked!

Can ask if you don't finish your essay but you've written two paragraphs and started off your essay really well can you still get an A?
oh yeah I also do My Boy Jack!
tia.xiourouppas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aroobixcube)
Hey guys I’m so panicked rn I’m in year 12 and I literally can’t get a line of argument in my essay and it’s dragging my grade down.
So if anyone has anything to help me that would be a literal god send
im in year 13 and i struggled with this for a while.
What I try to do is look at a lot of old questions. When i look at one, i'll write down absolutely everything I know, and then see what is most useful. With what I have left, i try and form an argument, it's much easier to do so when there are fewer things to talk about. Even if you don't agree with your argument, stick to it and don't go off on a tangent, you are being marked on your ability to guide the reader. Keep using the questions within your essay (eg if the statement was 'love is effected by time' use lines like 'therefore proving love is effected by time... love is further seen to be effected by time through... etc) .
Itz_HK
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Studying,
Tragedy: Othello, Death of a Salesman and Keats poetry
Crime: Oliver Twist, Rime of The Ancient Mariner and When Will There Be Good News? + unseen crime

Is anyone doing the same texts as me?, especially for crime. Got an A on the tragedy paper and a C on crime😪. Assistance for WWTBGN & ROTAM would be heavily appreciated.
Last edited by Itz_HK; 3 weeks ago
thhhhh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are year 13s continuing with their revision even though our exams are cancelled?
r3320
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thhhhh)
Are year 13s continuing with their revision even though our exams are cancelled?
i am! i love the subject and i’m gutted but i want to stay in the swing of it all
chloelx01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Personally I’m gonna carry on having brief knowledge incase they want us to do some tasks that will boost our grades but I’m not revising for exam purpose. It sucks we’ve worked so hard for them and they’re not happening, I just suppose we need to focus on our wellbeing now
thepink
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would continue as much as you can, the situation is so uncertain and things may change. I have this feeling that they may change their plans so just revise as if the exams are still going on if you can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (268)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (272)
15.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.08%
Isolating with family (120)
6.95%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.52%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (145)
8.4%
Loneliness (170)
9.84%
Financial worries (67)
3.88%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (156)
9.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.18%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (153)
8.86%

Watched Threads