English Lit tips for Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde and An Inspector calls

Watch
Angel Amenze
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have any tips on how your revise, learn quotes and analyse in depth and include themes. Specifically ideas on Mr + Mrs Birling, Gerald and Eric in An Inspector Calls and Lady Macbeth, Macduff, Duncan and Banquo From Macbeth.

rahnaramzeen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Angel Amenze)
Does anyone have any tips on how your revise, learn quotes and analyse in depth and include themes. Specifically ideas on Mr + Mrs Birling, Gerald and Eric in An Inspector Calls and Lady Macbeth, Macduff, Duncan and Banquo From Macbeth.
for my revision on macbeth the first thing I did was like a summary on the play, then I made minds for each character and wrote down the theme of which it links to, for example for Macbeth where he says "is this a dagger which I see before me" like some of the connotations are that it can be the witches trying to persuade him to follow the wrong path which is superstious or another idea maybe that he is just having violent thoughts as he just came back form war or maybe that it is his guilt or maybe his first steps or signs which to going mad and loosoing his concious, the context of this maybe that as he is a man of the jabobean era he should not have doubt in himself and should be strong and not questionable therefore he is going against the the expectations of the patriarchal society, I do this for like the juiciest quotes and when I come to the exam I would just expand on the connotations of the quotes. I havent started my revision for A.I.C so I cant help with that sorreh
but hope this helps and good luck
(also dont mind my spelling)
Angel Amenze
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by rahnaramzeen)
for my revision on macbeth the first thing I did was like a summary on the play, then I made minds for each character and wrote down the theme of which it links to, for example for Macbeth where he says "is this a dagger which I see before me" like some of the connotations are that it can be the witches trying to persuade him to follow the wrong path which is superstious or another idea maybe that he is just having violent thoughts as he just came back form war or maybe that it is his guilt or maybe his first steps or signs which to going mad and loosoing his concious, the context of this maybe that as he is a man of the jabobean era he should not have doubt in himself and should be strong and not questionable therefore he is going against the the expectations of the patriarchal society, I do this for like the juiciest quotes and when I come to the exam I would just expand on the connotations of the quotes. I havent started my revision for A.I.C so I cant help with that sorreh
but hope this helps and good luck
(also dont mind my spelling)
Thank so much, this helped a lot 😁
rahnaramzeen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Angel Amenze)
Thank so much, this helped a lot 😁
glad I could help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (93)
64.58%
I don't have everything I need (51)
35.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed