The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Politics Revision and Study group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aiham20
I gotchu...

Evaluate the view that the strengths of the US Constitution now outweigh its weaknesses
Evaluate the view that the US Constitution is no longer fit for purpose
Evaluate the view that Congress has become the least powerful branch of government
Evaluate the view that Congress is the broken branch
Evaluate the extent to which Congress has a meaningful role on foreign policy

Evaluate the view that political measures to promote racial equality are doomed to failure.
Evaluate the view that the record of the incumbent is decisive in determining the outcome of presidential elections.
Evaluate the view that the Electoral College should be replaced with a national popular vote.
Evaluate the view that US pressure groups concentrate rather than disperse power
Evaluate the extent to which public participation in the presidential nomination process advances or hinders democracy.

Evaluate the view that race is an important issue in US politics
Evaluate the view that the Supreme Court is a political rather than a judicial institution
Evaluate the extent to which the Supreme Court is now an ‘imperial judiciary’.

You are a godsend!!!
Original post by futureellewoods
You are a godsend!!!

happy to help:smile:
Reply 82
Original post by satsun
I’m doing AS this year, so UK Politics and UK Government.

Best tip my teacher gave me for UK politics section (currently y13) was to learn inside out the general election case studies + stats !!!!
The stats apply for Third parties / two party system / democracy section / electoral systems sections / prime ministers - qualities that encourage votes (eg. Leadership, education, unity of party - aka Theresa smarter than corbyn = success, thatcher united over callaghans vote of no confidence in his leadership etc) / everything really! X
Reply 83
Original post by Ziton
@Evil Homer This thread is for students taking the Politics course in 2020.

Original post by PPE2020
have people had their mocks yet? and if yes did you get the 2019 paper??

has anyone done 2019 paper 3 global politics?!
Reply 84
Original post by ltxx
Best tip my teacher gave me for UK politics section (currently y13) was to learn inside out the general election case studies + stats !!!!
The stats apply for Third parties / two party system / democracy section / electoral systems sections / prime ministers - qualities that encourage votes (eg. Leadership, education, unity of party - aka Theresa smarter than corbyn = success, thatcher united over callaghans vote of no confidence in his leadership etc) / everything really! X

Thank you so much!
Reply 85
I’ve seen people making essay plans for virtually every question that could come up, how do I do this, does anyone have a set list of possible questions?
Reply 86
anyone know the paper 3 global questions 2019..?? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending