I’m so fed up...

Watch
TimotheeLaurie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Everyday I come back from school, I fall asleep because i sleep late due to revising. I’ve not finished up my eng lit revision, in fact I’ve only started revising and at this rate, I’m gonna give up! Help me...

My goal is to achieve 8s and 9s in triple science, eng lit and eng Lang and religious studies.

Is it too late??

Silvera
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
In my opinion, English Language does't require much revison, just practice. I can only speak for AQA but I got a 9 in Lang because the papers are always structured the exact same way so the answers are structured the same way. Practice persuasice writing and memorise the answer structure so you have a scaffold for whatever you may get in the paper.

Triple science requires a lot of revison but I feel like RS didn't and I got good gades for it.

Instead of staying up late to study, stay behind ater school to do it and then relax when you get home. This will help keep your sleep pattern regular cuz you don't wanna be tired in your exams.

Good luck
Secretariat123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by TimotheeLaurie)
Everyday I come back from school, I fall asleep because i sleep late due to revising. I’ve not finished up my eng lit revision, in fact I’ve only started revising and at this rate, I’m gonna give up! Help me...

My goal is to achieve 8s and 9s in triple science, eng lit and eng Lang and religious studies.

Is it too late??
You are not even at the beginning of the stresses of life, so enjoy this time because it is only going to get tougher..
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
I’m doing Eduqas.
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
For both English
lrhwaterx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Coming from someone who didn't do well in GSCE's (got 4 C's and had to retake maths) it is honestly never too late. You have mocks coming up soon right? Honestly, don't worry TOO much about your exams. Remember to enjoy life as it comes, and treat yourself. Find a balance from revising and sleeping and some days you don't have to do a lot of revision if you body can't take it. Enjoy your time doing GCSEs and how everybody is coming together to work hard.. I'm in my final year of University and I really do miss taking my GCSEs (however I wouldn't take them again, I just miss the revising! Weird but true). So, in a couple years time you can look back on this and say "Oh I pulled al-nighters for GCSEs" or "I didn't sleep well" It's all part of the journey. I've rambled but I miss high school - some aspects of it.
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
@Irhwaterx so it is not too late getting those 8s and 9s I deserve?
bambi1425
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
it is no way too late, you've started revising early. take it easy for now, and revise after school instead of at might
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
@Irhwaterx so it is not too late getting those 8s and 9s I deserve?
No it's not! Put your mind to it and tell yourself everyday that you will get 8s and 9s every day. Saying it out loud will let the universe know what you want and youre determined for it. I wish you the best of luck!!! Don't strain yourself but also do (if you want) as you will look back on this and miss it!!
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
Thanks bambi and irhwater!
lrhwaterx
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks bambi and irhwater!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (29)
43.28%
Take autumn exams (24)
35.82%
Look for a job (1)
1.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
2.99%
Take a year out (8)
11.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed