Goutham8418
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you get very high predicted grades(A*A*A*) but messed up GCSEs (got 7 average) is there any possibility to go to oxford
lrhwaterx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure what the requirements are for Oxford University but Uni's don't tend to look at GCSE results. A Levels are the ones. 7 is good. Don't put yourself down! I believe in you
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say if you got a spread of GCSEs so some 8s & 9s majority 7s and a couple 6s its not a no, but it will make it more difficult.
but your A-level predictions are 3A*s and if you perform very strongly on the entrance exam you may still get an interview, no doubt other areas of your application will have to be strong.

The only way to find out is too apply. Most people who average a B+/A- ie 7, dont get in, that said some still do. You get 5 applications, if you are really keen then apply give it a "roll of the dice" [1] but if it doesn't pan out you have 4 other applications, with 3A* predictions you will get offers from top unis.

1) RogerOxon (i really liked that analogy on the other thread, figured id cite)
😝
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Goutham8418)
If you get very high predicted grades(A*A*A*) but messed up GCSEs (got 7 average) is there any possibility to go to oxford
Which course?
Goutham8418
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?