unit 22 Chemical Laboratory Techniques-Applied BTEC science Watch

Joe021
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone doing unit 22 Chemical Laboratory Techniques-Applied BTEC science? Can someone please help me? I have to write a report on the extraction of calcium carbonate from limestone?
I am confused on the following:

1) How changes in the method could affect yield, purity and atom economy

2) You must identify sources of error and uncertainty in the quantitative analysis, along with an evaluation of the reliability of the analysis.

Any ideas on the above will be much appreciated. thanks
AngelGamerXx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Joe021)
Anyone doing unit 22 Chemical Laboratory Techniques-Applied BTEC science? Can someone please help me? I have to write a report on the extraction of calcium carbonate from limestone?
I am confused on the following:

1) How changes in the method could affect yield, purity and atom economy

2) You must identify sources of error and uncertainty in the quantitative analysis, along with an evaluation of the reliability of the analysis.

Any ideas on the above will be much appreciated. thanks
i havent done unit 22, but done something similar

1. if you say you had dirty equipment or using weak equipment, then there is a chance that the experiment might fail or somethin going wrong, so you might lose some substances. also not listing the right equipment might affect it(ok i really confusing you, sorry XD)
2. say what errors you had, why did you had this outlier, could you done more results etc.

sorry if they're confusing. also, do you do extended diploma because if so i want to chat as i need friends who do the course and did you do unit 7? if so and you done it today, how did you think it went.
Last edited by AngelGamerXx; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (51)
36.17%
I really love the subject (38)
26.95%
I don't know what else to do (19)
13.48%
I can't get a job (8)
5.67%
My parents want me to (3)
2.13%