gmzz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm in year 11 wanting to do medicine.
I hated science for most of my life until the beginning of year 11. I never bothered with it and it was always the subject I pushed aside. However from the beginning of the lesson science has really grew on me.
In my summer year 10 mocks, my science grade was a 4-4 (combined science). My best subject is maths and I would usually only get marks in the maths questions.
Now I'm at 6-6 due to my physics grade lowering it slightly. Though not the best, this improvement in a short span of time motivates me to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor.
I have lacked drive before but now I'm working hard to achieve a 8-8 in my next science exams.
Would biology and chemistry A levels be too ambitious for me? (alongside one easier subject like sociology)?
lyca.zai
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gmzz)
I'm in year 11 wanting to do medicine.
I hated science for most of my life until the beginning of year 11. I never bothered with it and it was always the subject I pushed aside. However from the beginning of the lesson science has really grew on me.
In my summer year 10 mocks, my science grade was a 4-4 (combined science). My best subject is maths and I would usually only get marks in the maths questions.
Now I'm at 6-6 due to my physics grade lowering it slightly. Though not the best, this improvement in a short span of time motivates me to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor.
I have lacked drive before but now I'm working hard to achieve a 8-8 in my next science exams.
Would biology and chemistry A levels be too ambitious for me? (alongside one easier subject like sociology)?
If you enjoy science then I would definitely say go for medicine! Biology and chemistry are hands down one of the hardest Alevels but if you achieve the grades of 8 (by revising hard and doing lots of past papers) then it definitely is not too ambitious and you may actually really end up enjoying the Alevels. Btw choose the third subject as psychology as it is for sure easier than sociology, socio is very hard in terms of essays and understanding the traditional content but psychology is just more easier to understand. Im currently in year13 doing bio, psych and socio
yankang.qi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I agree very much with lyca.zai but you may want to check the medical schools that you might want to apply to for their entry requirements. Many schools basically require 3 science A levels (including maths), so you may want to take maths as your third if you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (2)
33.33%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (0)
0%
No, but maybe I will look into it (3)
50%
No and I wouldn't consider it (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise