failed mocks... what happens? Watch

big-L
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i haven’t finished them yet but they’re going really badly. then again i really haven’t revised a lot lol. do mock results matter and do i have time to (drastically) improve? they’re GCSEs btw
Last edited by big-L; 2 weeks ago
happylilhan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mocks can give you an idea of final grades but they’re mostly useful for getting you used to what it’s like to sit an exam! It helps to know how it feels, get used to the pressure and PRACTISING TIMED QUESTIONS! If your mocks have gone badly, don’t worry - you have plenty of time to fix/change it before summer. Hopefully this will just make you realise you need to revise for the real thing!
4TheBrighterSide
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I agree with the person above. At the very least, use this as a wake up call! As you’ve mentioned you’re sitting GCSEs which can indeed by turned over but for that you have to be determined and hard working for the rest of the year. Set a timetable, do your work, don’t leave it till last minute.
Torigracex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People in my year got 4s and 5s in mocks and came out with 7s 8s and 9s so they literally mean nothing. You can do bad in your mocks and still turn it around and do good in the actual things x
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
then again i really haven’t revised a lot lol
The grades are only gonna improve if this changes really lol. Get your head down and start revising.
big-L
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (65)
35.91%
I really love the subject (47)
25.97%
I don't know what else to do (22)
12.15%
I can't get a job (15)
8.29%
My parents want me to (4)
2.21%