gcsehelpplz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I've been lurking for a few days but first time posting because I seriously need help.

I do the following exams, and my mock results have just come:

GCSE: Maths, English Lang + Lit, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, History, Economics, Computer Science, German and Philosophy.

AS: Maths, Philosophy

For my mocks I got 9s/A*(AS) in everything except German and History and in my AS I got a C in philosophy. In German I got a 7. which is bad enough and a 6 in History....

I really need some tips fast on how to prepare for german and history and philosophy. German is a real shame as I'm really good at it! If I don't I'm going to completely fail this summer..... Thanks!!
myst451
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay for a start, "completely fail" is a massive overstatement and you're going to get loads of people telling you to go away if you keep moaning about very above par mock performances. Most people would be over the moon to get these results in their actual exams - let alone their mocks (which, tbf they probably didn't revise for!). However, speaking as a student with slight perfectionistic tendencies; I understand that these were not the grades you had in mind so I'll try to give some advice.

For German - prep really well for your speaking exam. Idk how you do it but I had to learn a picture and answer some prepared questions, as well as a few unprepared ones. Learn the picture by heart and as many of the prepared topic questions as you can. This is worth your time because when you do the writing section of your exam you can just reel off a load of perfect A* phrases that you've already memorised.

For history, learn your dates to get a really good idea of chonology. Then just practice, practice, practice. At GCSE there's such a set exam technique you get used to it if you keep doing timed essays. Actually time them though to add the pressure and make sure you don't waffle on.

Sorry idk about philosophy but good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (2)
25%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (1)
12.5%
No, but maybe I will look into it (3)
37.5%
No and I wouldn't consider it (2)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise