Oofffffff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hey guys! Has anyone done the national 5 art prelim yet? If so can anyone give any tips or clues!?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Oofffffff)
Hey guys! Has anyone done the national 5 art prelim yet? If so can anyone give any tips or clues!?
Thanks for making this- I'll get it added to our list

It's worth remembering that schools usually create their own prelims (not so much with English/languages, but generally otherwise), so if anyone can offer tips, it won't necessarily be for the paper you do...I can't offer much art specific advice, but encourage trying to do the prelims with as much info as you'll have in the real thing, so you can get as much benefit out of the prelims as you can Hope it goes well for you
cahctus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi. I don’t know what artists you have studied this year, or if you did study any, but most likely you did as they are in the exam. My school studied David Carson and Neville Brody. The prelim/exam will ask you about their artworks and you will have to describe them according to the questions (ex colour or materials and techniques) and also explain their social/cultural influences. Then you will have a series of unseen questions. Try looking at some past papers. I have not done any exams or prelims yet as next week will be my first time, bit this is what my teacher told me. Hope this helps! How are your class developments and final pieces going? Mine are terrible! Totally regret taking art as a subject
Oofffffff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 hours ago
(Original post by cahctus)
Hi. I don’t know what artists you have studied this year, or if you did study any, but most likely you did as they are in the exam. My school studied David Carson and Neville Brody. The prelim/exam will ask you about their artworks and you will have to describe them according to the questions (ex colour or materials and techniques) and also explain their social/cultural influences. Then you will have a series of unseen questions. Try looking at some past papers. I have not done any exams or prelims yet as next week will be my first time, bit this is what my teacher told me. Hope this helps! How are your class developments and final pieces going? Mine are terrible! Totally regret taking art as a subject
For the design portfolio I still need to finish my final headpiece + do the final drawings for it and then for my expressive portfolio we have just started it and I’m doing portraiture it’s so stressful! We have barely done prelim/exam revision so I’m rlly scared :/ I hope the unseen question will be one from an old past paper?? And for my designers I will have to try memorise each answer so that I’m ready for whatever comes up I guess ??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (77)
14.45%
1 (70)
13.13%
2 (66)
12.38%
20.08%
21.2%
18.76%

Watched Threads