National 5 Graphic Communication prelim 2019/2020 Watch

Oofffffff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Has anyone done the prelim yet? If so can u give any clues on what to revise pls or what topics or anything?!
Freshjuggler70
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Oofffffff)
Has anyone done the prelim yet? If so can u give any clues on what to revise pls or what topics or anything?!
I've got mine today and I can tell what was on it if that's any use? but also a lot of prelims are made by individual schools, not the sqa, so our papers might be completely different
Freshjuggler70
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
okay so I'm pretty sure the prelim I did wasn't made by my school and was bought in so there might be someone who's gonna get the same so I'll say what was in it.
it had bar and pie charts so you need to know how to read them, it had a question on line types where you had to identify the different types so you'll need to know the differences between them (hidden detail, centerline, outline stuff like that), there was a question on building drawing symbols and identifying them, I can't remember all of them but I know one was 'existing tree- to be removed' and another was 'shower tray', you'll need to know direction for a question on which way a window is facing, it also had a 3D CAD question where you have to describe how to make a base of a candle holder and then a question on how to constrain all the pieces together, there were 8 marks about colour where you need to write what colour gives off the emotion of 'anger' and what colour can represent 'environment' you needed to know a colour that is opposite yellow on the colour wheel (purple) and you needed to know the two tertiary colours that feature red you also needed to know how to make either tint or shade. There was a couple of pages on DTP, one was labelling different elements on a page.
I have a pretty bad memory when it comes to exams and prelims so that's all I can remember, for now, basically, there was everything in the prelim so it's probably best to revise it all, try past papers, especially the ones from the last 3 years they really helped me and showed me what I know and what I don't so I knew what I needed to revise more.

hopes this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (9)
10%
They've been reasonable (33)
36.67%
Not feeling great... (26)
28.89%
They are TERRIBLE! (22)