piinkmatter
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey, so I’ve started sixthform and picked criminology,law,politics and geography at the start of the year and I’m now left with law,politics and sociology. I noticed early on in the year that I regretted dropping geography and thought of picking it back up in October however my indecisiveness led to me not doing so. I really regret that choice on my end and I’m well aware picking it up now would be impossible but I really don’t like law and generally am kind of unhappy with the sixthform. I regret staying at the sixthform and also not picking geography. I want to leave the school now , and then join another sixthform in September and pick better options but my mum won’t let me drop out of school at this point because she’s worried I won’t ever go back to education! If I’m being forced to stay in the school, I’m wondering if it is best to just use the year as a guide for what not to do in my second year of doing year 12 or just suck it up and stay at my school for another year and look forward to university
Last edited by piinkmatter; 6 days ago
ArtmisKco
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Is your school not letting you pick up geo again? Tbh I do geo and I hate it but all subjects can be enjoyable if the teacher is good but my teacher is s***
piinkmatter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Is your school not letting you pick up geo again? Tbh I do geo and I hate it but all subjects can be enjoyable if the teacher is good but my teacher is s***
Well the deadline for switching options was in early October and I missed it. Although I did go to speak to my geography teacher who told me to see her after school, I forgot to go and was way too anxious to bother her again bc she looked fed up. I also spoke to the careers adviser mid December who told me it was too late to pick up any subjects at that point so yeah! My teacher for geo was alright but I really don’t like my law teacher and the course is just not enjoyable at all.
Last edited by piinkmatter; 6 days ago
ArtmisKco
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by piinkmatter)
Well the deadline for switching options was in early October and I missed it. Although I did go to speak to my geography teacher who told me to see her after school, I forgot to go and was way too anxious to bother her again bc she looked fed up. I also spoke to the careers adviser mid December who told me it was too late to pick up any subjects at that point so yeah! My teacher for geo was alright but I really don’t like my law teacher and the course is just not enjoyable at all.
Aw noo! It’s alright go speak to your geo teacher again to see if you can pick up then after a while drop your law subject (but make sure that you don’t like it so you don’t repeat the same mistake) good luck!
piinkmatter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Aw noo! It’s alright go speak to your geo teacher again to see if you can pick up then after a while drop your law subject (but make sure that you don’t like it so you don’t repeat the same mistake) good luck!
I think it’s way too late for that and I definitely wouldn’t be allowed on the course this late. I wouldn’t mind joining geography at this stage but the teachers definitely wouldn’t let me and I don’t want to make a big fuss for nothing. My options are to either repeat year 12 else where or continue doing law and just suck it up
KoalaBear2001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Repeat year twelve. It was what I did albeit under different circumstances but it gives you such an edge over your work since you develop a good work ethic and know some of the material from being taught it before

Good luck xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (3)
13.04%
They've been reasonable (7)
30.43%
Not feeling great... (8)
34.78%
They are TERRIBLE! (5)