Edexcel ial biology unit 2 13th january 2020 Watch

psukroo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone giving the exam tomorrow for Unit 3?
Mash_rocks
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by psukroo)
Yesh me! Both p2 ans bio u3
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mash_rocks)
Yesh me! Both p2 ans bio u3
Me too...any predictions? Just saw they changed the paper pattern from June 2019 onwards
mynameisnotvalid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mash_rocks)
It was 2 i think
why is it 2 tho?
mynameisnotvalid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
is there anything excluding the reference writing I need to know? like do I need to remember the volumes of liquids needed for the tests and magnification drawing and graticule usage too?
I self-tutor so im confused
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mynameisnotvalid)
is there anything excluding the reference writing I need to know? like do I need to remember the volumes of liquids needed for the tests and magnification drawing and graticule usage too?
I self-tutor so im confused
I was actually going through the past papers...in the previous years, there were 2 questions per paper (Q1 about an experiment and Q2 was like an article for. Which you had to gather info). I went through the June 2019 paper for Unit 3 and they don't have the article question anymore...so the exam tomorrow is probably gonna be :

3-4 questions long. It's gonna ask about variables, controls, uncertainties, at least 1 food test (probably won't be for reducing sugars as that was in the June 2019 paper so could be for starch or vitamin c) semi quantative methods...at least I'd say 2 graph questions are gonna come (around 5-6 markers) so practice those. We will also get about instruments that should be used.
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was actually going through the past papers...in the previous years, there were 2 questions per paper (Q1 about an experiment and Q2 was like an article for. Which you had to gather info). I went through the June 2019 paper for Unit 3 and they don't have the article question anymore...so the exam tomorrow is probably gonna be :

3-4 questions long. It's gonna ask about variables, controls, uncertainties, at least 1 food test (probably won't be for reducing sugars as that was in the June 2019 paper so could be for starch or vitamin c) semi quantative methods...at least I'd say 2 graph questions are gonna come (around 5-6 markers) so practice those. We will also get about instruments that should be used.
Magnification questions will probably be max 2 marks...better to work on questions that will give you more marks. Graphs are the easiest to obtain them. Also go through food tests at least one and some precautions that can be taken. They will also give at least 1 experiment planning question worth 4-5 marks
mynameisnotvalid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Thank you so much! Do you have the past paper from the new syllabus?
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much! Do you have the past paper from the new syllabus?
Yup. It's on nhpapers...I'll attach the link to the most recent paper and Mark scheme. Just go through the June 2019 one as Jan paper is the old paper pattern. Good luck tomorrow!

https://nhpapers.weebly.com/as-biology.html
mynameisnotvalid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yup. It's on nhpapers...I'll attach the link to the most recent paper and Mark scheme. Just go through the June 2019 one as Jan paper is the old paper pattern. Good luck tomorrow!

https://nhpapers.weebly.com/as-biology.html
oml thank you!! youre a life saver
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oml thank you!! youre a life saver
You're welcome
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...el-ial/unit-3/

Found the above link really helpful for revision for Unit 3 Bio...7 pages of notes and really concise
noora120903
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
did anyone get to solve the october 2019 unit 3 paper?
How did it go
and if anyone has it then pls pm me
noora120903
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"We will also get about instruments that should be used" what do u mean by instruments?

psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by noora120903)
"We will also get about instruments that should be used" what do u mean by instruments?
Like in specific experiments they might ask what to use to let's say measure this amount of liquid and so on...so common laboratory apparatus. How would you reduce the error associated with this instrument? Oh yeah, just remembered they might ask about mineral ions and their effects on plant growth as that is a very common topic
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
did anyone get to solve the october 2019 unit 3 paper?
How did it go
and if anyone has it then pls pm me
Yup..that was easy. It's on savemyexams.co.uk

But it's according to the old paper pattern so the useful bit would only be to solve Q1 from the previous papers as that was about experiments
noora120903
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how was unit 3 y'all?
mynameisnotvalid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how was unit 3 y'all?
they had more theory questions than I expected but overall, it was ok. the first question confused me
psukroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how was unit 3 y'all?
Loved it....Only found the 1st bit a little weird but my answers were correct...checked them online afterwards.

Studying for Chem Unit 2 for tomorrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (108)
50.7%
No (105)
49.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise