username5093898
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
i’m currently choosing my a levels and have decided on law, psychology and history. i want to do law or history at university and don’t know if it’s worth taking epq in year 12 as an extra qualification?
atzy_26
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bmg1374)
i’m currently choosing my a levels and have decided on law, psychology and history. i want to do law or history at university and don’t know if it’s worth taking epq in year 12 as an extra qualification?
I think with 3 A Levels, it is worth it to do an EPQ. You can conduct a research on law or history (or whatever you like). Some unis see EPQ as half of an A Level and may decide to lower the grade offer if you did EPQ e.g. from AAA to AAB. Not all unis do this though.
nintysixthousand
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
most universities dont require epq, you dont need to do it unless you actually want to. i think in my year maybe 15 people, one was my friend and it didnt make any different to their uni application
sxthformstudent1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bmg1374)
Yes! Definitely do it. I got a B in EPQ and my uni offers have dropped a grade in 3 out of 5 of my offers and it gives you UCAS points. If you get it done in yr12 then it is well worth it. My entire sixth form did it and majority got reduced offers if they got A or B
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (40)
16.39%
I'm not sure (8)
3.28%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (90)
36.89%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (102)
41.8%

Watched Threads