Moving to online GCSEs when already in year 11? Watch

Miffyiscute4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Skip to second paragraph if u don’t want to read the background about why I want to move) Hello, I am in year 11 now and I really think it’s best for me to move too online GCSEs . The school I am currently at has caused my depression and anxiety etc and has extremely effected my emetophobia. I struggle to go in every day and it’s all mostly because this one girl who has every day tourmented me and then tells the school it’s me doing what she is doing to me, to her and they believe her . No one has backed her up, I have had multiple of my friends step up for me and more . CCTV evidence howver it never seems to work when I report something even though I was told something was seen. Teachers ignore my emails when I ask for them to sort it . We got a mediator in after talking to our local mp about it and she actually quit her job because the school refuse to listen to anyone and just will not punish this girl. I have been bag searched (which was extremely embarrassing because I had like condoms and stuff in there which I was giving my friend) and I have been shouted at many many times about how I am racist etc etc (I was accused of stuff I never said on a group chat because she said my friends account was me, I still have never seen any evidence for it ) That’s another thing , they constantly accuse me of things I didn’t do and can NEVER provide evidence . Not once have they ever shown me the “messages I sent her” etc etc . BECAUSE I HAVENT!!! It’s been driving me crazy for 5 years now and I really can’t take it . I have tried to kill myself , cut myself countless times . Constantly bunk and just walk out of school. And still they just constantly believe her and refuse to ever do anything to her . I was high on weed (because that’s one of the only ways I am coping) and I sent an email saying “I will I could kill her but I won’t because I don’t want to go to jail” and I got isolated from the entire school for a day because apparently I was dangerous , they told her about this and she went screaming in the corridors that I was going to kill her (literally she was walking around the corridors screaming “[my name] IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!” . Everyone hates her because she is actually crazy. There is something seriously wrong with her . But anyways I really feel I have to move schools. The school will just continue to punish me and never punish her . Teachers have called me disgusting , I have had them get right up into my face and shout and point at me telling me I made her go to a and e (she faked a astehma attack and said I broke her leg when everyone there saw that actually nothing happened and she faked it all, plus they came forward and said that but even so I was once again punished. I can go on for hours about how she has never once been punished and I have been endless times . I just want it to be college already so I can finally escape from this hell but I just don’t think I can keep going to that school for another couple of months , I am at home bunking off rn. My parents are constantly angry with me for taking time off and saying how I am never empathetic , I cause them so much stress etc etc when they really have no idea how I feel and how I do sympathise but not in the way they expect me too. The family support worker we have said that they need to try and understand me too.

Anyways sorry I always just get off track(again teachers were worried because I always sent emails that made no sense and constantly changed subject / mood in them etc etc) . But is it possible to move to online GCSEs at this age/time? And how much would they be? I am taking Fashion tech, Geography, Triple science , computer science , normal core subjects, German . (I think that’s it lol) if I was able to do online GCSEs I would be much more motivated and I really think it will help me (as well as therapy which I am getting next week) . My mum keeps threatening to give away my pet rats and hamsters etc if I don’t go in and apparently has already sorted homes for them so she will just take them and give them to the person . I love my animals so much and this makes me extremely sad . I would say I am a high achiever in school (well was at least, my grades have plummeted from 9’s to the now 4s and 5s I just got in my mocks . I didn’t revise for them because I didn’t see the point ) . If anyone can help thanks so much , I just can’t take it anymore . I hope this makes sense 😂 and thanks for taking the time for reading this ❤️
Last edited by Miffyiscute4; 1 week ago
_.Someone_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hmm, if you think it'd work, then go for it! Might be abit costly (exam cost & online school cost) but if you think its worth it, and they allow it, go for it. Cost wise I think it was 550 for my sister to take her exams and in the thousands for being in online school.
Not too sure if you can apply online for exams/school though, since its quite close to ur exams? But its worth a shot!
Miffyiscute4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by _.Someone_)
Hmm, if you think it'd work, then go for it! Might be abit costly (exam cost & online school cost) but if you think its worth it, and they allow it, go for it. Cost wise I think it was 550 for my sister to take her exams and in the thousands for being in online school.
Not too sure if you can apply online for exams/school though, since its quite close to ur exams? But its worth a shot!
Thanks! I think I will look into it online and see what options there is . And maybe contact my school and just see if they have any idea / compromise .
Emheaven0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it’s definitely possible as it’s only January but make sure you don’t get behind on any topics and you know what you’re doing. Make sure you have a suitable space (a desk) where you can work at home and keep your phone away from you during school hours. If you think online school will be better for you then go for it. I did online school for most of year 10 while going to therapy because I couldn’t take going into school either so I did all my of my classes at an online school. I wish you the best of luck with school
Miffyiscute4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Emheaven0)
I think it’s definitely possible as it’s only January but make sure you don’t get behind on any topics and you know what you’re doing. Make sure you have a suitable space (a desk) where you can work at home and keep your phone away from you during school hours. If you think online school will be better for you then go for it. I did online school for most of year 10 while going to therapy because I couldn’t take going into school either so I did all my of my classes at an online school. I wish you the best of luck with school
Tysm . Yeah I would get my mum to hide my phone for until I do all my work. I just hope my parents agree!
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You'll still need to go to an exam centre (probably your current school) to take the exams
Miffyiscute4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
You'll still need to go to an exam centre (probably your current school) to take the exams
Yeah for me it’s not taking the exams that stresses me out . I don’t mind about them . I’d probably just go to my current school to do them.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Miffyiscute4)
Yeah for me it’s not taking the exams that stresses me out . I don’t mind about them . I’d probably just go to my current school to do them.
If they make you pay it's likely to be at least £50 per GCSE, more if it's not all agreed by half term.
Miffyiscute4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
If they make you pay it's likely to be at least £50 per GCSE, more if it's not all agreed by half term.
That should be fine , my parents wouldn’t mind . It’s just my mum doesn’t believe that I would actually do the work from home I just need to try and convince her! I’m going to go and try to speak to her about it now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.94%
They've been reasonable (78)
41.27%
Not feeling great... (49)
25.93%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)