mabotse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Applied for student finance for a top-up course to upgrade foundation degree to honours level which I studied overseas (part time via distance learning university for 4 years). SFE sent letter saying your new course is the same level as the qualification you already hold you won’t get full student finance for your course. Meaning I cannot access both tuition fee and maintenance loan. A day later, received another letter stating I may be eligible for additional maintenance loan and requesting for evidence.

So I am confused does that mean the maintenance loan has been approved or not? Can one get additional maintenance loan without the actual maintenance loan, doesnt make sense.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mabotse)
Applied for student finance for a top-up course to upgrade foundation degree to honours level which I studied overseas (part time via distance learning university for 4 years). SFE sent letter saying your new course is the same level as the qualification you already hold you won’t get full student finance for your course. Meaning I cannot access both tuition fee and maintenance loan. A day later, received another letter stating I may be eligible for additional maintenance loan and requesting for evidence.

So I am confused does that mean the maintenance loan has been approved or not? Can one get additional maintenance loan without the actual maintenance loan, doesnt make sense.
Hi there,

If you send us the additional evidence that we have requested we will be able to see if you are eligible for funding.

Thanks, Erin
mabotse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

If you send us the additional evidence that we have requested we will be able to see if you are eligible for funding.

Thanks, Erin
Thanks for your response Erin, I had already submitted the evidence prior to receiving the letter requesting for it. The SFE advisor confirmed that it has been received and no further information is required. I believe the assessor might have missed the evidence.
So do I just wait?
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mabotse)
Thanks for your response Erin, I had already submitted the evidence prior to receiving the letter requesting for it. The SFE advisor confirmed that it has been received and no further information is required. I believe the assessor might have missed the evidence.
So do I just wait?
Yes, we would advise to allow time for the evidence to be processed by our assessment team.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (106)
28.27%
1 (61)
16.27%
2 (54)
14.4%
3 (60)
16%
4 (28)
7.47%
5 (25)
6.67%