Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So I study Business and I keep on getting assigned loads of reading every week. And in the lecture, they cover 5 out of the 10 topics in the textbook. So my question is, do I have to read the additional 5 topics as well and study it or can I skip it?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I study Business and I keep on getting assigned loads of reading every week. And in the lecture, they cover 5 out of the 10 topics in the textbook. So my question is, do I have to read the additional 5 topics as well and study it or can I skip it?
Ask the tutor or lecturer - only they know what is or isn't additional/supplementary reading for purely personal interests only.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
As Blue_Cow says, check the with your lecturer/equivalent, although do also check the reading lists to make sure there isn't any indication otherwise on there. Often reading lists will indicate a set of "core" readings you are expected to do, then a wider range of further reading that they expect you to sample some of, but by no means to read all of the items listed.

In terms of lecture content vs assigned reading, bear in mind that the lectures are usually just a starting point for you to go into further reading from and to consolidate fundamentals. You should check the syllabus to see what is on there that is examinable, as the lectures may not (and need not) cover all examinable topics, and some topics covered in lectures may not be examinable anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (88)
13.08%
1 (89)
13.22%
2 (85)
12.63%
19.17%
22.14%
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed