Are uni relationships serious? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Say if it went on for 2-3 years, but then broke up after graduation, does it sound serious?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Say if it went on for 2-3 years, but then broke up after graduation, does it sound serious?
If it broke up as uni ended, then no not at all.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If they break up after graduation, it would be a very circumstantial relationship, so not very serious at all.
haveyouever1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
no
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hazelly)
If it broke up as uni ended, then no not at all.
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If they break up after graduation, it would be a very circumstantial relationship, so not very serious at all.
What about if they were on the same course, had the same friends, and spent a lot of time together and nights out together? And if they have lots of pictures on facebook of them taken together/with friends on nights out
Anonymous #1
bump
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No. Not on the bases you have mentioned.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Karisa96)
No. Not on the bases you have mentioned.
What about if they were on the same course, had the same friends, and spent a lot of time together and nights out together? And if they have lots of pictures on facebook of them taken together/with friends on nights out
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In my opinion. Still no, as you are talking about breaking up when uni has finished, making all the above irrelevant. Just my personal view.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Being on the same course and having the same friends makes it even more circumstantial in my book. Spending time together is what all couples do, and having loads of photos together doesn't really mean anything.
Anonymous #1
thanks
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No usually in the first week people are very promiscuous.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Being on the same course and having the same friends makes it even more circumstantial in my book. Spending time together is what all couples do, and having loads of photos together doesn't really mean anything.
In my opinion. Still no, as you are talking about breaking up when uni has finished, making all the above irrelevant. Just my personal view.
Do you think this even moreso if they remained friends after the break up? Sorry this is the last question lol
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Disagree with the majority. Just because it came to an end doesn't mean the people involved weren't ever serious about trying to make it work.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you think this even moreso if they remained friends after the break up? Sorry this is the last question lol
Are you asking whether if remaining friends after breaking up means that their relationship was serious? Well no, there's no correlation between the two - it indicates more that your split was amicable than it does about your previous relationship.
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I do.
That being said why not just start off as friends and end as friends, that way its win win for all concerned.
Anonymous #1
I do.
That being said why not just start off as friends and end as friends, that way its win win for all concerned.
That's what happened... but they must've liked each other more than friends at one point
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's what happened... but they must've liked each other more than friends at one point
Possibly that might have been the case.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
If they lasted throughout uni then it seems pretty serious, but if they break up right after graduating for no serious reason then it was never serious to begin with, some couples might break up cuz they need to move somewhere else and are not ready for long distance etc. If they were serious then after graduating they would consider a long distance relationship, getting married, moving in together or continue dating like normal.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Yes, doesn't matter how it ended, if those 2-3 years were committed went out with each other and did stuff then it was serious, However I'd day it isn't serious if there was an original intention to break up at graduation from the beginning
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (90)
36.89%
I really love the subject (66)
27.05%
I don't know what else to do (30)
12.3%
I can't get a job (15)
6.15%
My parents want me to (5)
2.05%