Boyfriend has been sad about us Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
We've been together for 1.5 years. In the beginning it was amazing, but the last few months have been a bit sour due to my anxiety and unemployment. He has helped me SO much, but the problem is I've been so wrapped up in myself and my own head I haven't realised how damaging my behaviour has been on the relationship.

My boyfriend rarely gets sad.. he's a very positive person. He does get fed up that I'm not my normal, happy self recently... this is largely due to not having a job. It's impacted the relationship as we argue so much recently. However I have recently made some goals and am working towards them... I feel a lot better since doing this and I'm slowly getting there.

We are still having a few hiccups. My boyfriend was really sad the other day, saying he doesn't understand why it's not working between us. He said all this on a day when I was very happy, so it dragged me down too. He feels I've hurt him with some of the things I've said and done and he's not sure how much I love him anymore. I reassured him that I love him the same and we are going to talk next time we see one another. Since that day he's picked himself up and is talking to me fine now... but I've been really low since, as I've clearly hurt him and I'm struggling to live with that. I just can't talk to him normally as though nothing is wrong... usually in the past I have always managed to bounce back, but I've never intended to hurt him and the fact that he is sad about the relationship doesn't sit well with me.

I don't really know what to do. I want to feel better and I feel bad because now my boyfriend is really making the effort to talk to me, I think he knows it's upset me too. I feel very guilty..is it wrong for me to feel this way?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Just talk to him. Don’t leave it until you see each other.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just talk to him. Don’t leave it until you see each other.
I can't really... he told me the other day to not worry about it and to keep going this week, so I'm certain he wants to talk about it all face to face
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can't really... he told me the other day to not worry about it and to keep going this week, so I'm certain he wants to talk about it all face to face
Then try not to worry about it. I know it’s easier said than done but if he won’t talk about it then that’s on him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (91)
35.41%
I really love the subject (71)
27.63%
I don't know what else to do (30)
11.67%
I can't get a job (18)
7%
My parents want me to (7)
2.72%