Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m in yr 12 and I’ve already had 10 days off out of 79 due to illness, meaning my attendance is 87%. I’m terrified about being kicked out even though I make sure to work at home non-stop, plus I’m worried it will affect my chances of getting into university. I worked out that if I make sure to go in every day from tomorrow till the end of the year then I can build it up to 95%. Any advice?
lightsabir
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's worth noting that anything that can be documented to prove that you were ill can help you alleviate the stress you have in terms of feeling like you will be kicked out.

Do you have any medical letters or prescription papers from recent visits to the GP or Hospital? If not, you should try to go to the GP to gain a letter from the doctor explaining that you have not been feeling well. This can then be issued to the school-place you're at and your attendance should not be affected.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lightsabir)
It's worth noting that anything that can be documented to prove that you were ill can help you alleviate the stress you have in terms of feeling like you will be kicked out.

Do you have any medical letters or prescription papers from recent visits to the GP or Hospital? If not, you should try to go to the GP to gain a letter from the doctor explaining that you have not been feeling well. This can then be issued to the school-place you're at and your attendance should not be affected.
Thank you, but it’s generally just a sore throat and period cramps (really bad haha), so I doubt my GP will accept it. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, but if I stay in school during my frees (we’re allowed to usually leave) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays when I have half days, will that boost my attendance since I’ll gain 2 hours extra marks? Or will it just stay the same
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, but it’s generally just a sore throat and period cramps (really bad haha), so I doubt my GP will accept it. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, but if I stay in school during my frees (we’re allowed to usually leave) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays when I have half days, will that boost my attendance since I’ll gain 2 hours extra marks? Or will it just stay the same
That won’t boost it no, attendance is only based off being where you’re meant to be when you’re meant to be there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ella1902)
That won’t boost it no, attendance is only based off being where you’re meant to be when you’re meant to be there.
Oh okay thank you
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh okay thank you
I’d recommend just not missing more days, whilst sore throats and period cramps are bad, it’s not a good reason to miss school; paracetamol, throat sweets etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ella1902)
I’d recommend just not missing more days, whilst sore throats and period cramps are bad, it’s not a good reason to miss school; paracetamol, throat sweets etc.
Thanks I plan not to, I’m hoping that way it can at least by 95% overall
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (87)
36.86%
I really love the subject (63)
26.69%
I don't know what else to do (29)
12.29%
I can't get a job (15)
6.36%
My parents want me to (5)
2.12%