Girlfriend is distant Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
We've been together for over a year... recently she has been anxious, due to unemployment, and it's affected our relationship (more arguments but generally over minor things). She used to get over these arguments quickly but recently has been mulling over them, even suggesting breaking up/ taking a break. I've always been willing to work things out, and I'm 100% certain she is my life partner so I've been there to support her at all times. She has admitted that she only mentions taking a break in the heat of the moment when she isn't thinking straight, but that really I'm the one for her. Aside from the silly arguments, everything else has been fine...my parents love her and her parents love me and our families get on well. She's a great girl, when she's not angry, and I see us having a family together eventually.

Things turned a bit sour last week, same old thing again. She said a few mean things which really made me question her love for me. I was fine for a day or so, but one day I just kept thinking about it all and got upset. On this particular day, she was having a really good day (we were apart) but she could sense that something was wrong with me... eventually I told her I felt she didn't love me anymore and that I wasn't sure why our relationship isn't working, and she reassured me she loves me more than anything, and was very remorseful for hurting me. She also made sure to give me the space I needed. I told her I needed to talk to her in person about it, to hear her properly, and she was fine with this. The following day I was able to pick myself up and started speaking to her normally, but she's been distant and not her normal self through messages she has sent. Later on I tried calling her but she didn't pick up, then she later told me she was in the shower and then had to go to bed... strange because normally she would always call back.

She's quite a sensitive person and I'm not sure if she's now upset/feeling paranoid with what I said. She has still checked up on me, asked if I'm feeling better etc. She's just very distant and I don't like it... I'm not sure if she still thinks I need space.

What should I do?
haveyouever1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
She might just be worried about you or feeling upset that you think she doesn't love you when she really does
Anonymous #1
bump
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We've been together for over a year... recently she has been anxious, due to unemployment, and it's affected our relationship (more arguments but generally over minor things). She used to get over these arguments quickly but recently has been mulling over them, even suggesting breaking up/ taking a break. I've always been willing to work things out, and I'm 100% certain she is my life partner so I've been there to support her at all times. She has admitted that she only mentions taking a break in the heat of the moment when she isn't thinking straight, but that really I'm the one for her. Aside from the silly arguments, everything else has been fine...my parents love her and her parents love me and our families get on well. She's a great girl, when she's not angry, and I see us having a family together eventually.

Things turned a bit sour last week, same old thing again. She said a few mean things which really made me question her love for me. I was fine for a day or so, but one day I just kept thinking about it all and got upset. On this particular day, she was having a really good day (we were apart) but she could sense that something was wrong with me... eventually I told her I felt she didn't love me anymore and that I wasn't sure why our relationship isn't working, and she reassured me she loves me more than anything, and was very remorseful for hurting me. She also made sure to give me the space I needed. I told her I needed to talk to her in person about it, to hear her properly, and she was fine with this. The following day I was able to pick myself up and started speaking to her normally, but she's been distant and not her normal self through messages she has sent. Later on I tried calling her but she didn't pick up, then she later told me she was in the shower and then had to go to bed... strange because normally she would always call back.

She's quite a sensitive person and I'm not sure if she's now upset/feeling paranoid with what I said. She has still checked up on me, asked if I'm feeling better etc. She's just very distant and I don't like it... I'm not sure if she still thinks I need space.

What should I do?
How old are you guys?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
How old are you guys?
Both 25
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (91)
36.11%
I really love the subject (69)
27.38%
I don't know what else to do (30)
11.9%
I can't get a job (17)
6.75%
My parents want me to (6)
2.38%