I'm 18 and my Dad won't let me and my friend go to London for a day Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My friend and I want to go see a gig in London and we currently live in Wales. I'm legally an adult and should be able to make my own decisions but he's adamant that I can't go. It's only a 3hr drive and we'll be getting a coach down there and back straight away

What can I do?
ella1902
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does he have a reason not to trust you to go? Really as long as you’re living with them you should respect them enough to listen to them. If you’re reliable and youre friends are good and you haven’t given your parents reasons to not trust you to go you can try convince them and lay out facts, show what coach you’re getting, that you know where you’re getting off, that you’ve got the route planned to the gig etc.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ella1902)
Does he have a reason not to trust you to go? Really as long as you’re living with them you should respect them enough to listen to them. If you’re reliable and youre friends are good and you haven’t given your parents reasons to not trust you to go you can try convince them and lay out facts, show what coach you’re getting, that you know where you’re getting off, that you’ve got the route planned to the gig etc.
He just worries a lot. He always phones me when I'm on nights out and didn't want me going to Cardiff for a gig which is only 30 mins away. I've traveled up to Manchester plenty of times for football matches, sometimes even on my own and I've always updated him on what's happening, etc. The friend in question is someone I've known for over 7 years at this point.
User.na.me
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He's probably worrying with how much the crime in London has been in the news recently, you need to find out his genuine reasons why he thinks it's a bad idea, also it'll likely depend on what you're going to London for.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Might be thinking he's in for a 6 hour rescue mission if that last bus gets cancelled.
also night bus passengers can be a bit hair raising

perhaps a cheap hotel would be better?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (87)
36.86%
I really love the subject (63)
26.69%
I don't know what else to do (29)
12.29%
I can't get a job (15)
6.36%
My parents want me to (5)
2.12%