UNIQUE SITUATION (taking on year 10 Watch

benny80808
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My name is Bennett, I am currently enrolled in year 11 after migrating to Wales from Canada. I completed year 10 in Canada, but seeing as they do not follow the GCSE system, I was faced with the dilemma of either resitting year 10 or completing year 10 and 11 in one year. I moved schools 4 months into this school year and now, in mid- January, my time table and resources are finally set in stone. Essentially I'm doing 5 subjects : Maths, Eng Lang, History, Double award science and so, the following examsistory DWR y11History USA y10History MEDICINE y11Maths NUMERACY (higher)y11Maths (higher)y11Biology y11Biology y10Physics y11Physics y10Chemistry y11Chemistry y10English Language y11.It is the 14th of January now and my exams are from mid May to mid June. To get into sixth form, which is my priority, I cannot get anything below a C. But I'd obviously want to do well.If i start revising now, is it realistic to get into sixth form with all B's and A'S????please help me on this, cheers
theprettyrainbow
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ok so realistically, how much of the course have you completed already? And how much has the work you did in Canada differed from what you're doing now? Honestly, for maths and English lang it is possible to get higher grades cause you just have to practice the essays and the maths questions. There's even maths revision videos l can send you if you need help with that. For science, if you have a revision guide, just memorise that and do as many past papers as you can. The only problem really is history because even when l did GCSEs starting from year 10, my history class only finished like a day or two before study leave so you may have to get a tutor for that who can really help with the writing and content because history essays are completely different from English ones.
nellebaker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Most colleges/sixth forms (in england anyway) accept 5 GCSEs at grade C and above, so don't worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (72)
36.92%
I really love the subject (50)
25.64%
I don't know what else to do (24)
12.31%
I can't get a job (15)
7.69%
My parents want me to (5)
2.56%
I don't know... I just do (29)
14.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise