princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Does anyone know where you can find a bunch of old professional skills tests online? I want to go into primary school education and I have the required C's in English, Maths and Science, but my Maths is absolutely atrocious so I want to practice the kind of arithmetic you'd find on these tests since I won't apply for a year or two yet.
Thanks in advance!
yoshimax
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by princetonalec)
Does anyone know where you can find a bunch of old professional skills tests online? I want to go into primary school education and I have the required C's in English, Maths and Science, but my Maths is absolutely atrocious so I want to practice the kind of arithmetic you'd find on these tests since I won't apply for a year or two yet.
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if you're aware, but the professional skills tests are no longer a part of the PGCE application process.
princetonalec
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by yoshimax)
Not sure if you're aware, but the professional skills tests are no longer a part of the PGCE application process.
Are they not? I was on the get into teaching website today and it spoke about getting prepared for them. Always useful when webpages don't update!
Do you know what they've been replaced with, IF they've been replaced?
yoshimax
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by princetonalec)
Are they not? I was on the get into teaching website today and it spoke about getting prepared for them. Always useful when webpages don't update!
Do you know what they've been replaced with, IF they've been replaced?
There aren't many details yet. This is on the top of the Get Into Teaching professional skills test page: "A new approach for assessing numeracy and literacy will be delivered by training providers if you start teacher training in 2020. This will involve the provider assuring that you have the fundamental English and mathematics skills to become a teacher either at interview or during the training course. Check with your training provider to find out more information." So it's really up to the training provider.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (135)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (141)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
9.53%
Isolating with family (60)
6.89%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.79%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (77)
8.84%
Loneliness (89)
10.22%
Financial worries (38)
4.36%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (77)
8.84%
Exposure to negative news/social media (58)
6.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (80)
9.18%

Watched Threads