Arsenal FC - Transfer talks Watch

BLD1001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I was in good spirits coming into the 2019/20 premeier league season, Arsenal win their opening two games (not very convincing wins) but it seemed this would be the season that Unai emery would be backed to succeed at the club. We hit january and we now have Mikel Arteta. EL CAPITANO!

i opened up sky sports and saw that Manchester City Center half, John stones was being linked with the club and i just want other peoples views on the situation... Would this benefit us?
I do feel that we start all these rumours that the club will sign top talent but always fall short and take the easier route of outdated layers such as Jerome Boateng.

i have mixed feelings about the transfer, i loved watching john stones in the summer playing for England but other than that i think he has made a few mistakes at the back for =city when he actually did play but i think he is full of mistakes like sokratis and David luiz but perhaps Arteta sees something in Stonesconsidering he did work with Pep for 3 years
Andrew_d
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by BLD1001)
I was in good spirits coming into the 2019/20 premeier league season, Arsenal win their opening two games (not very convincing wins) but it seemed this would be the season that Unai emery would be backed to succeed at the club. We hit january and we now have Mikel Arteta. EL CAPITANO!

i opened up sky sports and saw that Manchester City Center half, John stones was being linked with the club and i just want other peoples views on the situation... Would this benefit us?
I do feel that we start all these rumours that the club will sign top talent but always fall short and take the easier route of outdated layers such as Jerome Boateng.

i have mixed feelings about the transfer, i loved watching john stones in the summer playing for England but other than that i think he has made a few mistakes at the back for =city when he actually did play but i think he is full of mistakes like sokratis and David luiz but perhaps Arteta sees something in Stonesconsidering he did work with Pep for 3 years
It's a difficult one, the whole point of stones is passing out from the back, which pep loves to do, and I think we as a club need that. However, in my opinion stones has been poor since laporte has been out, be it playing with otamendi or Fernandinhio. And I just don't think we have that strong centre back that he needs to be his parter, Luiz is way too error prone and sokratis just isn't the leader, in my opinion. But I am not arteta and don't know what he's seen in stones.

We definately need a new cb though, it's been tough seeing the countless preventable goals go in due to a lack of communication and leadership within the defence. And then further goals going in due to complete incompetence.

I believe our best option would be to recall saliba and bring in someone such as umtit from Barcelona. We just have to wait and see though.
BLD1001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Andrew_d)
It's a difficult one, the whole point of stones is passing out from the back, which pep loves to do, and I think we as a club need that. However, in my opinion stones has been poor since laporte has been out, be it playing with otamendi or Fernandinhio. And I just don't think we have that strong centre back that he needs to be his parter, Luiz is way too error prone and sokratis just isn't the leader, in my opinion. But I am not arteta and don't know what he's seen in stones.

We definately need a new cb though, it's been tough seeing the countless preventable goals go in due to a lack of communication and leadership within the defence. And then further goals going in due to complete incompetence.

I believe our best option would be to recall saliba and bring in someone such as umtit from Barcelona. We just have to wait and see though.
Yeah i absolutely agree with you. Perhaps it is because Arsenal lack passing out from the back and Stones has shown he has the ability to do so but for us i would prefer Dayot Upamecano from RB Leipzig, i dont see why we should spend more money on a potential flop but there you go. I do like the callum chambers partnership more with david Luiz but of course he is out injured. What defender would yp ulike to see come through the door?
Andrew_d
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by BLD1001)
Yeah i absolutely agree with you. Perhaps it is because Arsenal lack passing out from the back and Stones has shown he has the ability to do so but for us i would prefer Dayot Upamecano from RB Leipzig, i dont see why we should spend more money on a potential flop but there you go. I do like the callum chambers partnership more with david Luiz but of course he is out injured. What defender would yp ulike to see come through the door?
I would love to see upamecano but last I looked he was looking like he was going to Barcelona, shame because he is quality. Boateng would be someone good to hold us over until the summer just to put in a proven strong cb, but not a future star.
In the summer, we get saliba in the starting team and we can work with him but we need at least another cb. I would like to see Umtiti seen as lenglets pushed him out of the Barcelona team. But for me, the perfect cb in the team would be Nathan ake, I just rate him so highly and he's young, would be the best solution imo
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Stones is proven and a top quality CB, Upamepotatos is in a farmers league.
Andrew_d
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by James.Carnell)
Stones is proven and a top quality CB, Upamepotatos is in a farmers league.
Someone's gunna buy upamecambo and I would prefer if it was us. And stones has been trash since laporte had been injured, and we don't have a laporte in the club atm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.62%
1 (97)
12.58%
2 (95)
12.32%
18.81%
22.96%
19.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed