The Student Room Group

First Class Essay

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm looking for an essay that got a 1st in a Business essay - I am struggling with the essay structure.

Could anyone help?

thanks again

Luna
Reply 1
Original post by Luna_1997
Hi

I'm looking for an essay that got a 1st in a Business essay - I am struggling with the essay structure.

Could anyone help?

thanks again

Luna

Hey, I got a few firsts in different essays while studying BA International Business (just graduated in July 2019). What kind of things you struggling with in relation to the structure?
Reply 2
Original post by Jq13077
Hey, I got a few firsts in different essays while studying BA International Business (just graduated in July 2019). What kind of things you struggling with in relation to the structure?

Hey there, literally a coherent structure that is applicable to all essays - if that makes sense?
Original post by Luna_1997
Hi

Could anyone help?

thanks again

Luna

Hey @Luna_1997

My lecturers have said that they expect us to have a clear argument throughout the essay, use wider reading (both academic AND practical examples/case studies) and critique the literature to achieve a first. They also talk a lot about originality.

The appropriate structure is likely to vary by assignment, but for an exam, I tend to structure my answer as follows:

Intro - set context, state scope of essay and argument
3 main paragraphs - point, evidence, acknowledge counterargument, link back to question
Conclusion - definitively answer the question

This here is quite a nice guide on how to write a first class essay.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just quote me! :smile:

Alice,
Final Year Management Student, University of Bath
Reply 4
Original post by University of Bath
Hey @Luna_1997

My lecturers have said that they expect us to have a clear argument throughout the essay, use wider reading (both academic AND practical examples/case studies) and critique the literature to achieve a first. They also talk a lot about originality.

The appropriate structure is likely to vary by assignment, but for an exam, I tend to structure my answer as follows:

Intro - set context, state scope of essay and argument
3 main paragraphs - point, evidence, acknowledge counterargument, link back to question
Conclusion - definitively answer the question

This here is quite a nice guide on how to write a first class essay.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just quote me! :smile:

Alice,
Final Year Management Student, University of Bath

Thank you Alice,

That's much appreciated and really helpful!

I hope your studies are going well!
Hit me up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending