starsword5270
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
How expensive should a prom dress be? Should I get it custom fitted? Should I order online or in store? Please give me some advice or share your prom dress stories.
learner38
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
It’s better to get it custom fitted and custom made but whatever you can afford because if you order online it’s likely for someone to have the same dress as you
Karisa96
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
They can be quite expensive if you have one custom made for you.
Equally you can go online and look at some of the websites to get an idea of style, colour etc.
Don't forget aswell as the dress you need to think about what you are going to wear with it.
You may want to buy some new shoes, matching clutch bag/handbag, even matching lingerie if you wanted to go that far.
Just a word of advice if you are wearing a dress above the knee wear a pair of tights or stockings, it just looks so much better, just a personal observation, I was glad I did. I hope you enjoy your prom.
Good luck.in finding a dress, I would be pleased to know how you get on.
ReadingMum
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by learner38)
It’s better to get it custom fitted and custom made but whatever you can afford because if you order online it’s likely for someone to have the same dress as you
when my daughter's school had a prom they just created a google doc and everyone posted their dress when they bought it so that people could look through and avoid buying the same one. Custom making / fitting seems overkill for a dress you will undoubtedly only wear once or twice. If you are paying for it then I guess that is your choice but if it is funded by parents then maybe think about what matters.
learner38
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
when my daughter's school had a prom they just created a google doc and everyone posted their dress when they bought it so that people could look through and avoid buying the same one. Custom making / fitting seems overkill for a dress you will undoubtedly only wear once or twice. If you are paying for it then I guess that is your choice but if it is funded by parents then maybe think about what matters.
That’s not every school tho
learner38
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by learner38)
That’s not every school tho
Also I said it’s whatever she can afford
(Original post by ReadingMum)
Meglou03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I spent under £100 for my whole outfit and the piper I went to prom with spent over £300. My prom was Trash with a capital T. The people I went with were boring as **** so I went off with my other friends half way through the food was disgusting and all the popular kids won awards everyone else was left with absolutely nothing apart from empty stomachs and girls get so defensive about prom dresses so if you get the same dress or something similar be prepared to go to war 😂
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
just get a nice 👗. you won't regret it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (93)
12.76%
1 (91)
12.48%
2 (92)
12.62%
19.34%
22.77%
20.03%

Watched Threads