What to compare The Handmaids’ Tale with for a level coursework??

Watch
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey
We are starting coursework in April and have to start reading dystopian novels to decide what to compare to THT. I am on the edexcel exam board and I am unsure on what to go with . I’ve read Fahrenheit 451 but I didn’t like it. Any ideas? If you are doing this/ done this for coursework let me know what you went with!
ohdearstudying
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
To my knowledge you cannot do The Handmaid's Tale as it is a set text on another exam board. I may be wrong, but my school said you cannot do a text that could be a set text on any exam board.
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
To my knowledge you cannot do The Handmaid's Tale as it is a set text on another exam board. I may be wrong, but my school said you cannot do a text that could be a set text on any exam board.
You can’t choose another set text but Handmaids tale is the book my our centre set as the coursework book to compare to another of our choice. Literally everyone does that book so ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.87%
Okay (109)
29.07%
A bit lacking (139)
37.07%
Not good at all (90)
24%

Watched Threads