Is my girlfriend insecure about my past? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been with my girlfriend for over a year, and we are very serious. We met through a dating app but we have mutual friends. I've always kissed her normally but also sometimes in another way that is intimate but not sexual (not on the lips but don't want to go in to detail). Anyway she's always reciprocated and I thought she's always enjoyed it.

However the other day I did it and she told me she doesn't like it... when I questioned her she told me that she'd come across pictures of me on Facebook, in the very early days of us dating, probably when she wanted to do a little background check on me when she searched me on there. We're not friends on Facebook, but she's seen these pictures I'm tagged in that are on our mutual friends profile. In one of them I am with my ex in a club and we are doing this exact same kiss... so my girlfriend told me that whenever I do it with her it reminds her of this picture, and she thinks about how I used to do it with my ex so she doesn't like it. But this picture is from 7-8 years ago, and me and my ex had broken up 6ish years ago.

I've never known she's seen these pictures until now. But she saw them over a year ago..and I don't know why she waited until now to tell me. She must've seen even more, and these are pictures I wouldn't want her to see. It's not like I've uploaded them myself. We've not even spoke about past relationships, but I get why she's never asked me now because she's already seen pictures of my past relationship. Annoyingly I was very immature back then, it was more a relationship out of convenience as we broke up after graduation and I wasn't very serious in it. I don't think my girlfriend understands this.

Is it weird for my girlfriend to think about this? Especially since the pictures are from so long ago and I've changed both looks and personality wise a lot.
haveyouever1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just reassure her
Torigracex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Girls are confusing and it’s not unusual for us lot to become caught up on things like this. It depends on how you think your girlfriend will react, but you could try asking her why she’s caught up on it (jealously, worrying about you getting back with you ex etc) or you can just simply reassure her that you’ve got no interest in your ex at all and you were only with that ex for convenience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads