Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

I graduated from a master's degree last summer. The course was quite demanding and I had very little time off. Before that I did physics and graduated with a first.

I feel like a failure because I have (so far) not been able to get anywhere. I just can't get a job and half of the time it seems like I studied the wrong subjects. Graduate schemes seemingly hate me.

When I look back, I must have done somewhere in the region of 50 exams across both degrees. Add in assignments, lab work, miscellaneous assessments and presentations and it was a colossal amount of work and effort.

I'm not looking for advice, I was just wondering if anyone can relate? I feel like I have let myself and my parents down. All of that time and effort I spent studying for GCSEs, A-levels, BSc, MSc.

I have an interview with a medical school next month. It is something completely different to my previous studies but I cannot see any solution other than to re-train in a career.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
There was a guy the other day saying the something very similar, think he did computer science tho... maybe you could find him and commiserate each other?

If you want some advice anyway
Check if you can access the careers service at your last uni - quite usual for them to support you for years after finishing your course
There's high demand for physics teachers and they get a training bursary/scholarship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (83)
13.67%
1 (83)
13.67%
2 (79)
13.01%
19.77%
21.25%
18.62%

Watched Threads