university of Glasgow Strathclyde

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Stefania Parini
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Hello! I need a bit of help from some of you! I'm Italian and I've been selected to spend nine
months in Glasgow Strathclyde university, is there somebody who can tell me something about it? I
have to decide before the 10th of June whether to leave or not...just another thing: is Glasgow a
very expensive city? Thank you very much!

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
Colette McCabe
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hi there!

I live just outside Glasgow and although I am not a student at Strathclyde University I know a
little about it as I have a friend who studied there.

The campus is based in Glasgow City Centre and is easily accessible by public transport. It has a
very good reputation, offers a wide variety of interesting courses and has a wonderful multi-story
student union!

Glasgow itself is a welcoming city, and is no more expensive than any other city in the UK. If you
decide to make the trip out here, I promise that you'll have a fantastic time (academically and
socially) - the only negative point would be the traditionally unpredictable Scottish weather!

Take care and good luck! Colette

"Stefania Parini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:9979885a5a088bb4caced2dd956ef59...e.mailgate.org...
[q1]> Hello! I need a bit of help from some of you! I'm Italian and I've been selected to spend nine[/q1]
[q1]> months in Glasgow Strathclyde university, is there somebody who can tell me something about it? I[/q1]
[q1]> have to decide before the 10th of June whether to leave or not...just another thing: is Glasgow a[/q1]
[q1]> very expensive city? Thank you very much![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG[/q1]
Bob Nerkul
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:45:52 +0100, "Colette McCabe" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>Hi there![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I live just outside Glasgow and although I am not a student at Strathclyde University I know a[/q1]
[q1]>little about it as I have a friend who studied there.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>The campus is based in Glasgow City Centre and is easily accessible by public transport. It has a[/q1]
[q1]>very good reputation, offers a wide variety of interesting courses and has a wonderful multi-story[/q1]
[q1]>student union![/q1]

And infinitely better felt on the pool tables than gla.ac.uk. Which should be enough to make
anyone's mind up.

[q1]>Glasgow itself is a welcoming city, and is no more expensive than any other city in the UK. If you[/q1]
[q1]>decide to make the trip out here, I promise that you'll have a fantastic time (academically and[/q1]
[q1]>socially) - the only negative point would be the traditionally unpredictable Scottish weather![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Take care and good luck! Colette[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>"Stefania Parini" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]>news:9979885a5a088bb4caced2dd956ef59...e.mailgate.org...[/q1]
[q2]>> Hello! I need a bit of help from some of you! I'm Italian and I've been selected to spend nine[/q2]
[q2]>> months in Glasgow Strathclyde university, is there somebody who can tell me something about it? I[/q2]
[q2]>> have to decide before the 10th of June whether to leave or not...just another thing: is Glasgow a[/q2]
[q2]>> very expensive city? Thank you very much![/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]

Oh, too late.

nerkul
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (84)
14%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (48)
8%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (75)
12.5%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (67)
11.17%
Other reasons are stopping me going (79)
13.17%
Nothing is stopping me going (247)
41.17%

Watched Threads