Resitting uni exams. Third year student Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi, I know each uni is different but I just wondered if it's possible to ask to resit exams.

I KNOW for a fact I did badly in all my January exams because I wasn't prepared for any of them and couldn't do proper revision or studying for them over the break because I have sleeping problems, stress, depression, anxiety and energy problems.
It was so bad that I might as well have not turned up to the exams. I have Embarrassed myself. They were all essay exams and I did not have a clue about anything.

I'm in my third year, I already did bad in my second year so I cannot get low grades this year. I'm thinking of the future, I won't be able to get a job or progress to a master's with a third class degree in biomedical science.

However I also was wondering that if I could request extenuating circumstances for my resits too because it's capped at 40?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I know each uni is different but I just wondered if it's possible to ask to resit exams.

I KNOW for a fact I did badly in all my January exams because I wasn't prepared for any of them and couldn't do proper revision or studying for them over the break because I have sleeping problems, stress, depression, anxiety and energy problems.
It was so bad that I might as well have not turned up to the exams. I have Embarrassed myself. They were all essay exams and I did not have a clue about anything.

I'm in my third year, I already did bad in my second year so I cannot get low grades this year. I'm thinking of the future, I won't be able to get a job or progress to a master's with a third class degree in biomedical science.

However I also was wondering that if I could request extenuating circumstances for my resits too because it's capped at 40?
Have you seen your GP about those problems? Have you got a medical note? Speak to your personal tutor/student support officer ASAP and discuss your options.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

You can't really ask to resit, as they would deem resits as automatic if you fail (i.e. get below 40% on each) unless only one attempt is allowed. This would be in the summer - I don't know if this would affect your graduation ceremony (if you plan to go).

If you have extenuating circumstances, and your claim is accepted, you will probably be able to do uncapped resits.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

many unis don't have resits in final year at all...I know university of Manchester don't
so the most they could probably do was take certain exams out of your degree classification depending on the medical evidence you had for extenuating circumstances
in terms of EC's for your resits...how do you know in advance the circumstances will still apply in May/ June? If you think they will you probably need to request to re-do third year entirely depending on your situation
WazzWazz98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago

also EC forms usually should be submitted BEFORE exam season..and their effect afterwards is quite limited. So get some advice ASAP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (93)
12.99%
1 (90)
12.57%
2 (89)
12.43%
19.27%
22.91%
19.83%

Watched Threads