Fagan2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi

I have got my tuition loan sorted.

I am diagnosed as autistic and rarely leave the house. I get PIP both enhanced rate due to a dodgy knee too (arthritis etc).. I have an educational psychologist report from 2009 stating this, would that be enough evidence? Secondly, I have seen a few on here saying you also need to provide evidence from a brick university saying they cant accept you? I don't have that evidence, Open university is the only option currently as I suffer with bad anxiety etc when in social situations, ie attending university in person is not possible.

Apologies if this isn't in the right place of the forum

Our household income is under 25k.
Last edited by Fagan2020; 1 week ago
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fagan2020)
Hi

I have got my tuition loan sorted.

I am diagnosed as autistic and rarely leave the house. I get PIP both enhanced rate due to a dodgy knee too (arthritis etc).. I have an educational psychologist report from 2009 stating this, would that be enough evidence? Secondly, I have seen a few on here saying you also need to provide evidence from a brick university saying they cant accept you? I don't have that evidence, Open university is the only option currently as I suffer with bad anxiety etc when in social situations, ie attending university in person is not possible.

Apologies if this isn't in the right place of the forum

Our household income is under 25k.
Hi there,

Did you apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan (PMTL) when making your application?

In order for us to award you the PTML as a distance learning student, you would need to send us the following evidence:

- Medical evidence from your GP or Consultant confirming your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university, as well as physically attending.
- Evidence that you have had discussions with multiple universities about the facilities available, accessibility and why the universities cannot accommodate your requirements. This could be in the form of emails/correspondence between you and the universities.
- Written confirmation from you on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
- Evidence from you showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

Thanks, Ashley.
Fagan2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

Did you apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan (PMTL) when making your application?

In order for us to award you the PTML as a distance learning student, you would need to send us the following evidence:

- Medical evidence from your GP or Consultant confirming your condition prevents you from travelling to/from your university, as well as physically attending.
- Evidence that you have had discussions with multiple universities about the facilities available, accessibility and why the universities cannot accommodate your requirements. This could be in the form of emails/correspondence between you and the universities.
- Written confirmation from you on how your condition impacts your day-to-day life.
- Evidence from you showing how you support yourself financially i.e. benefits/employment.

Thanks, Ashley.
Hi

I did apply for it yeah, but asking for evidence.

I just applied to Open University first as it was online and I can't function in social environments at the moment, so have no evidence from a brick and mortar university that they can't accept me.

Does that mean I'm no eligible for a maitenance loan? Even though I couldn't attend a normal Uni because of my autism?

I have all other evidence except that.
Thanks
Last edited by Fagan2020; 1 week ago
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hello,

If you don’t have evidence from other universities confirming they’re unable to meet your needs then we’d recommend sending in a letter explaining your situation and why you can’t provide this evidence. The assessor reviewing your application will make a decision based off this.

Thanks, Erin N.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (100)
29.5%
1 (56)
16.52%
2 (46)
13.57%
3 (53)
15.63%
4 (25)
7.37%
5 (23)
6.78%
6 (9)
2.65%
7+ (27)
7.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise