Brittanny
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, I have applied for the University of Salford and received a conditional offer for Biomedical science. Trouble is I don’t have GCSES maths as the grade is pending, I receive my gcse results Thursday 16th (in 2 days), the day after the ucas deadline. I’m confused because wouldn’t the University put me achieving GCSE maths at grade 4 as a condition. Or could it be perhaps they already know my maths grade and not listed it as a condition because I’ve passed.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Brittanny)
Hi, I have applied for the University of Salford and received a conditional offer for Biomedical science. Trouble is I don’t have GCSES maths as the grade is pending, I receive my gcse results Thursday 16th (in 2 days), the day after the ucas deadline. I’m confused because wouldn’t the University put me achieving GCSE maths at grade 4 as a condition. Or could it be perhaps they already know my maths grade and not listed it as a condition because I’ve passed.
they wouldn't receive your results from ucas so you need to speak to them to clarify your offer.
Brittanny
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
they wouldn't receive your results from ucas so you need to speak to them to clarify your offer.
Hi, thanks for answering but what I’m saying is on the application form I have put my GCSE maths grade as pending. So what I was expecting and was told by teachers is they will put whatever grades I need to get including my maths grade that is pending at the moment. I was also trying to find out wether or not they know my pending maths grade as results day is in 2 days which is why they haven’t listed as condition meaning I would’ve passed
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, thanks for answering but what I’m saying is on the application form I have put my GCSE maths grade as pending. So what I was expecting and was told by teachers is they will put whatever grades I need to get including my maths grade that is pending at the moment. I was also trying to find out wether or not they know my pending maths grade as results day is in 2 days which is why they haven’t listed as condition meaning I would’ve passed
Universities don’t get gcse results.
Brittanny
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Universities don’t get gcse results.
Hi so are you saying the universities are making offers without knowing anything about your GCSEs ?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi so are you saying the universities are making offers without knowing anything about your GCSEs ?
They know the grades you already have.

If they haven’t specified a condition for your gcse maths then they either don’t care or made a mistake. They haven’t left it out of your conditions because they know your results - they don’t have your gcse maths result and won’t get it until you send it to them.
Brittanny
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
They know the grades you already have.

If they haven’t specified a condition for your gcse maths then they either don’t care or made a mistake. They haven’t left it out of your conditions because they know your results - they don’t have your gcse maths result and won’t get it until you send it to them.
Ohh I understand, thank you for your help ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

14.1%
12.32%
12.44%
18.01%
23.34%
19.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise