I can't find an answer to this anywhere Watch

onequestion805
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is it possible to sit a level science exams without the practicals, then sit the practicals during a gap year?
Neuromegha
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I haven’t heard of anyone who’s ever done that, especially because questions about the practicals will be included in the exam papers anyway. But just to be sure, maybe you should ask your teacher or head of year.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No. If you have taken the exams and the practicals you can carry forward the pass in the practicals when you re-sit the exams the following year, but you can't carry forward the exam results and then take the practicals.

Edit: I can't find the regulation for this, but the software just doesn't let you make this as an entry, whereas it's easy to specify that you're carrying forward the practical grade.
Last edited by Compost; 1 week ago
onequestion805
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
No. If you have taken the exams and the practicals you can carry forward the pass in the practicals when you re-sit the exams the following year, but you can't carry forward the exam results and then take the practicals.
I see. How do you know this?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by onequestion805)
I see. How do you know this?
I'm an exams officer.

Annex 1 of https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/...ents-2019-2020 talks about the practicals and how you can carry forward the mark if you re-sit the exams but it doesn't mention specifically that you can't do the opposite - but doing so would run contrary to all the general exam practice.
Last edited by Compost; 1 week ago
onequestion805
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
I'm an exams officer.
Ok, thank you very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (116)
51.56%
No (109)
48.44%

Watched Threads