are there black holes made of anti matter
Jevans2208
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by holiday17)
are there black holes made of anti matter
Black holes are made of lots of chemicals (from collapsed stars) all bunched up into one tiny space, causing a massive gravity effect around them. (At least, this is what we think at the moment). They do, however, 'evaporate' antimatter off themselves. There are an estimated 10²⁴ primordial black holes at the centre of our galaxy (Formed after the 'big bang'). Apparently there is also a lot of antimatter at the centre of the milky way. A lot. So, apparently, for that much antimatter to be evaporated from 10²⁴ black holes, they are each about 10¹⁶ grams and the size of an average asteroid, because the smaller the black hole, the more it 'evaporates' antimatter. Having said all that, I just re-read your question and realised it doesn't really help. Welp. I assume that in the vastness of the universe, there will be a black hole that is made up (not entirely) of antimatter. Black holes obviously suck in matter, and so if they are just balls of immense density, no black hole will be just made of antimatter. Especially due to the whole 'evaporation' business we don't fully understand. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (16)
7.69%
They've been reasonable (88)
42.31%
Not feeling great... (51)
24.52%
They are TERRIBLE! (53)